am i the only one

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Am i the only one that wants to get home and see my snakes before i go see my partner?

I can relate to that... id still choose my partner over my snake but i see love my snake and he's part of the family :)

I'm also very content not seeing him and knowing that he will just chill on his heat mat and be like "whatever"

My United States Whatever

the snakes and lizards get greeted first. does that count?

I work out of town bout once a month and miss my snake more then my girlfriend everytime haha

Or you guys are terrible partners. I personally find the below comment disgusting. Don't be surprised if and when your girlfriend finds someone better ;)

mad4400 said:
She understands she comes second.

I check my snakes every couple of days if they're hiding, or I'll get them out if I see them exploring when I walk past their enclosures. I usually say hi to my dog before my boyfriend if only because he greets me at the door and my partner's in our bedroom xD

Or you guys are terrible partners. I personally find the below comment disgusting. Don't be surprised if and when your girlfriend finds someone better ;)
Hey my girlfriend can feed herself, adjust the heating to suit her desire..etc..., you get the drift. ;)
However just like reptiles she doesn't seem to be able to change a light bulb! *prepares flame proof outfit*

Man you guys must have some dud lays.
Thats a bit rude mate, my girlfriends more then I could ask for. Just like a lot of pet owners though I think of mine as children. And you ask most parents and I bet they'll tell you they miss their kids more, no one said they don't miss their partners. Mad's right, my mrs can look after herself, would love to see my snake go to the freezer and defrost a rat then chill on the couch an watch tele while she's waiting

Wow I feel like in quiet a mutual relationship lol I put my partner first as he does me. And we take turns with snakes, in handling, feeding and cleaning. He holds one while I organise its food/click clack and ill hold the other while my partner organises the food/click clack. The snakes don't get ignored but they don't get priority over me either!! I make sure it gets moved to the side so I get my hello/goodbye kisses =D

Although I think my partner is well aware if i get put second to anyone or anything then he doesnt get his dinner at the end of the day =P

Wow I feel like in quiet a mutual relationship lol I put my partner first as he does me. And we take turns with snakes, in handling, feeding and cleaning. He holds one while I organise its food/click clack and ill hold the other while my partner organises the food/click clack. The snakes don't get ignored but they don't get priority over me either!! I make sure it gets moved to the side so I get my hello/goodbye kisses =D

Although I think my partner is well aware if i get put second to anyone or anything then he doesnt get his dinner at the end of the day =P

Ahhh to be young and in love.... then kids come and the dog and you realise that you lucky to be 4th or 5th on the list of important things.. then you get a hobby like snake keeping or motor bike riding and make your own list of favourites..
Yes i check my snakes first and i would not have it any other way but hey i have been married 8 years and if i came home and went to my wife first she would know i have been up to something..

Haha I check on my snake first, but only because my garage is on the way to my house - so I pop in quickly and make sure everything's alright (water, temps,etc) before I go up to the house.

Problem Solved:

Put your GF in the same enclosure as the snakes...

i'm single and the first thing i do when i come home from volunteering is say hi to yoda and keiko!!! my mum and sister know how much i love them and they don't care if i don't say hi to them first....yoda and keiko are like kids to me..mum has to say hi. whether its rude or not i don't know but mum gets in on the beardie love train as well ...she just can't stand keiko and believes all snakes are male (facepalm) because she doesn't like them...its funny though, mum comes into my room and shudders but i'll have her holding keiko!!

Pretty sure I got straight to reptiles all over the when I get home, then study, there's a lot of things more important than your partner sometimes.

Ah i love how people assume i'm male based on my good calls.

My hubby works night shift and i am always alseep when he gerts home at 2am. but i know he always checks on his snakes before coming to bed as there are always chairs next to their tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back