what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me a good group of people who has kept snakes together for 10+ years with no problems at all ever and I may reconsider, but as far as I'm concerned there is no good reason for it and several good reasons not to.

We house our adult carpets and our pair of diamonds together - with no problems at all...
WE just keep a very close eye on them at feed time.....

When you spend weeks or months getting hatchies feeding consistently without problems and 2 months later they new owner comes back saying "now it only eats live food, do you sell live mice?"

Find me a good group of people who has kept snakes together for 10+ years with no problems at all ever and I may reconsider, but as far as I'm concerned there is no good reason for it and several good reasons not to.
So every single breeder on this site annoys you?

Now your being facicious, 7 days during breeding is fine, there is a good reason for putting them together. My irritation is with people who house snakes together indefinantly, despite the risk they can turn Cannibalistic with no warning and in spite of the best precautions. There is evidence of this in this very post.

People who state they want to get reptiles, then ask - repeatedly - if pythons are 'poisonous' (/facepalm).

My pet hate, and yep, being picky here, but people who say that their 'whatever' reptile - 'layed' eggs. No, it 'laid' eggs. Enclosure, not encloser. Know, not 'no'. YeaH, not 'yea' (rhymes with 'yay'). There, their and they're. Oops, sorry, too far... ;)

Not people that keep that keep reptiles but the people that feel they need to tell you that they've killed snakes an that you should be impressed/proud of them.
People that believe that stupid snake story "It laid beside him/ her to size em up so they had to get it put down"..
Surprisingly some people who keep reptiles believe this..
People who sell unhealthy reptiles for an outrageous price then later dies to which they reply "It was fine when it left here"

Not people that keep that keep reptiles but the people that feel they need to tell you that they've killed snakes an that you should be impressed/proud of them......"

I get that all the time. Maybe I should stand just as proud and tell them I've killed fluffy cats and then fed it to my beautiful big python.

I don't do this, but just to say it to those who love telling me their snake murder stories might equal things up...hehe

People that think that because a bluey can swim it likes it. Oh and people that buy a reptile then ask why it's not eating and its sleeping a lot, if you'd done some basic research you'd know that they tend to slow down this time of year due to brumation

people that continously post threads saying 'what snake/lizard/monitor should i get' and instead of ONE of them being a sticky, APS has heaps of these type of threads where the replies are all the same.

those that spell Stimpson instead of Stimson....they aren't yellow skinned!!!!! and that continue to spell it Stimpson even after being corrected several times!!!

Im frustrated at myself for reading 4 pages of people whining about other people.

They'll do what they do, you'll do what you do. Meh.

When people make threads about the most basic husbandry requirements, i.e, What temp should my enclosure be at for *insert animal here*?

People who want a python 'that will not bite'.
How the hell can ANYONE guarantee that?? Unless it is a rubber one, or it is that old it can hardly move :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have often fed people lies about snakes about how extremely expensive they are... this is only after i ask them "why do you want a snake" and they respond "because they are cool" pfft...

ok they are pretty frikin awesome but its not something you can just pass on to someone when you get bored of it like a dog... not everyone wants a snake and they dont connect with you like dogs do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back