Frogs Cross Breeding!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cid_python

Reaction score
Hey, I know this isnt a amphibian fourm but oh well.....one of my spotted marsh forgs is breeding with Gillens tree frog should i seperate them? could they die from it? Will they have mutated children? The spotted marsh frogs were croaking and for some reason the gillen was attracted to it. I asked alot of people if it was ok to house them together and they said it was fine and i never though that would happen.....

its fine, i do it on pocket frogs all the time!

lol, im saying the bubs would all be deformed

pictures please um and they will have mutated young because once one of my greens bred with my splendid so take them apart but if you leave it then there might be a frog that has o problems that is really cool and will sell for ALOT like $200 and up alot your choise

Cool ill post pics i tried to post one but it didnt work ill try again.

Ditto, i'm not really into froggies but think it would be interesting to see what the froglets (if that's what they are called) end up looking like :)

Oh and i must add that if they look awesome, i could easily set up a spare tank i have here that would be good for frogs :D

Hey, I know this isnt a amphibian fourm but oh well.....one of my spotted marsh forgs is breeding with Gillens tree frog should i seperate them? could they die from it? Will they have mutated children? The spotted marsh frogs were croaking and for some reason the gillen was attracted to it. I asked alot of people if it was ok to house them together and they said it was fine and i never though that would happen.....

Links don't work (how often does this happen on this forum???).

Do you have a female Gillen in there too? Are they actually spawning or have they just gone into Amplexus (as in the male has hopped on to the female)? My guess would be that he has hopped on & they aren't doing anything. This has happened with my frogs in the past, he'll get bored in a few days & get off.

I think thats what might have happened I did have a female Gillen but she died :(

pictures please um and they will have mutated young because once one of my greens bred with my splendid so take them apart but if you leave it then there might be a frog that has o problems that is really cool and will sell for ALOT like $200 and up alot your choise
Can they even hybridize they are fairly different. A Splendid and a Green Tree are at least in the same genus. Zac.. what happened with your hybrids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back