Snakes for 6 ft (L) x 1.5 ft (H) x 1.5 ft (D) tank??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommymc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently have a tank that is all wired up and its empty, as stated its dimensions are 6 x 1.5 x 1.5 I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a tank this size. At the moment I have 3 coastals and 1 diamond, I was thinking maybe a water python but wasnt sure if this tank would be big enough?

Thanks in advance.

I like the idea of snakes because they are alot easier to look after, i used to have beardeds in this tank and i just prefer snakes better.

thanks though

womas would be nice, not sure but BHPs might fit there as well

How would the heating setup go for a BHP, a ceramic or two and...

womas would be nice, not sure but BHPs might fit there as well

I like womas but in Vic i'm pretty sure they are on a more specified liscence

Bhps are fine in a 4x2x2. It would be fine in an enclosure with and extra cubic ft of space.

deff id go a bhp, iv got a 6ft high red bhp going in a 6ft x 2ft tank next week, 1.5 would be fine too

Yeah well hopefully I will be able to get one, this week I will go and have a look at a few

With the limited height a heat panel may be the best option for heating. But a bhp would thrive in that size

For heating I was going to put a pair of ceramics at one end (with cages of course) and heat cord in the floor at the other end, as the tank is melamine and easily done

For heating I was going to put a pair of ceramics at one end (with cages of course) and heat cord in the floor at the other end, as the tank is melamine and easily done
mate you want a cool end you dont want 2 hot ends

true didnt think of that, how would you suggest to do the heating then?
mine will have a heat cord at 1 end of the tank and no heat in the other, just finishing the doors to go on and need to get power to it then it can go in it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back