bio mare cube

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilesrkool

Reaction score
hey everybody just wondering how good bio mare cubs r for rondent`s thanks jack

I use it as a staple for my rodents (I also feed cabbage & carrots every 2-3 days) & they love it...... less wastage due to its size & hence lasts a bit longer & dare I say the tubs seem cleaner due to less wastage & their stools seem a little dryer & as it is formulated for growing horses it also has decent nutrient analysis...... a big thumbs up from me......

I mix two scoops in with YS rat cubes and two scoops of dry dog food and they love it + breeding like crazy.

I use it now they eat everything and bulk up quickly

In my experience it tends to be alot better than some of the food DESIGNED for rodents. I have fed a staple of biomare for years and they breed and grow very well - I supplement with high protein dog food occasionally, and veg scraps, chicken bones, and a seed mix every now and then.

pk cool it`s just i have to go get more rat food cause i have a fere few going now so was thinking should i get that or the rat food

Ive never heard of Biomare, I will have to see if my local grain store stocks it and give it a go.

Its pretty good all round, holds together as a cube(ish) shape with out crumbling away like some rat food pellets/cubes. Perfect for over head mesh feeders.
But like others have mentioned, supplement bio-mare with fresh veg or dry dog food.
I once tried to maintain some rats exclusively on Bio-mare and they went a bit cannibal.

i used ys feeds for a while, got so jack of the amount of dust..
switched to biomare and was very happy with it, good price @ $26 for 25kg.
i'm using gordons at the moment only couse i'm getting it at wholesale price but i think i will be going back to biomare very soon, haven't seen much difference and can't justify gordons even at the price i'm paying,
BioMare FTW :)

I use biomare at the moment and it is great. I mix in some norco/goldmix rat and moue cubes 3:1, and occasionally add bird seed and dog biscuits just to keep it interesting for them. They get fresh fruit and veggies regularly too. I don't know if they need all the extra bits and pieces but I like to give it to them because I am a softie :p

Sometimes there's a bit of crumble/dust in the bottom of the BioMare bag which I used for the woodies, they thrive on it as well :)

I use it as a staple for my rodents (I also feed cabbage & carrots every 2-3 days) & they love it...... less wastage due to its size & hence lasts a bit longer & dare I say the tubs seem cleaner due to less wastage & their stools seem a little dryer & as it is formulated for growing horses it also has decent nutrient analysis...... a big thumbs up from me......

Yeah I too find the tubs are cleaner. I've just finished my first bag and will definitely continue to use it along with the veg scraps from our dinner. For me it has replaced Laucke Mills Rodent Feed. Size is perfect for roof top mesh feeders and next to no waste.

Ive never heard of Biomare, I will have to see if my local grain store stocks it and give it a go.

It's a horse feed, so your local grain shop should have it.

Cheers,
Allan

Does it really matter what brand or food you use. Over the years I've used many different foods line bio-mare, pig pellets, sheep pellets and many types of rodent pellets with very similar breeding results.

When looking at a new food to try I look for 2 main things, protein % and salt content.
A couple of months ago I set up a colony of weaners and have been feeding them on 100% spiral pasta......32% protein, 21% carbohydrate and 2% salt.
So far they are doing well and with a couple having big bellies I'll soon have some early results.

I used to also mix in coopers complete with molasses for some fresh grain mix, worked a tread for years until I stopped breeding.

I have used bio for the past 2 years now and won't use anything else.

As other members have mentioned already...they thrive on it, breeding tempo has doubled, including the amount of bubs produced.

If you read the ingredients, you'll find it has everything they need.

swear by bio-mare as astaple with fresh veg scrapes 3-4 times a week & the odd cup of dry dog food once a fortnight..

agree with the majority on this one i have used it for 6mnths nowmixed with some cat food and vegies pasta ect.

atm i am trialing a bag of barastok mixed with leftover biomare dogfood and pasta and the ressults are only slightly better in the grow rate of the rats

so all in iall i think biomare is where i will return but i will be suplimenting with a high protine dogfood as mentioned above as the ionly thing it really lacks is the high proteen of the rat only style feeds.

leftover t-bones vegies fruit ect aswell as fresh is also good to feed every few days

has anyone tried any of the other prydes products? Some of them have muc higher protein % than the biomare.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back