Vertical Enclosure for Childreni

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aoife

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't bought my childreni yet, just doing as much research as possible and seeing what options i have regarding enclosure size & set up. This will be my first snake :D
Would something this size and shape be ok for a childrens python? I'm happy to go bigger if needed but i really love the vertical look.

Thanks guys ;)Dalbarb Octaganol Fish Tank Brand New | eBay

The problem with that tank is that its hard to change the substrate or spot clean it..

also you cant get him out easily... you would have to tip the tank to get him out which could be traumatic or dangerous if anything rolls/falls on your snake

I didn't think of that. What if one of the panels was a door? then would it be ok?

they are still hard to clean trying to reach to the bottom .... also glass tanks aren't great for holding and maintaining heat

and childrens pythons arent really arboreal so vertical is wasted and not really suited to a mostly ground dwelling snake

ok great!! thanks guys. i have heaps of horozontal enclosures and just thought this was a nice change. what would be the smallest size enclosure i could go for an childrens? 4x2x2?

I dont keep Childrens python but that sounds like a decent sized enclosure to me! My murray darling is quite comfortably living in a 2LX1WX1.5T fish tank while i complete his new enclosure!

He is currently 1 metre long and its only a temporary home! I wouldn't go any smaller than 2X1X1.5 for my snake as a temporary home.

4X2X2 should be plenty for a children's python... if its glass just be sure to put down a substrate of some sort to reduce direct contact to the cool glass... im using kritters krumble atm which does the the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back