Couple face court over python attack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A MAN and a woman whose pet Burmese python killed their 2-year-old child were set to stand trial in Texas this week.

GEiSB1SFhTE

Published On: 12-Jul-11 01:45 AM
Source: NewsCore via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

this is why you lock your tanks. no matter how big or small your animals are..

I think you need to learn to Google

A snake does not consider a human as part of its food chain. If the child smelled like a rodent yes maybe but I doubt this.
OK if the child was actually killed by the animal the animal would have attempted to consume the child. There would have been some indication of this attempt but it would have been impossible for a python to consume a human due to the head and shoulders.
I personally find it difficult to believe that a snake is going to change its basic food response and kill the child by strangling her and then just moving off.

this is why you lock your tanks. no matter how big or small your animals are..

I read the other day that the snake had escaped multiple times due to the only lid on its enclosure was your standard single bed doona and the snake hadnt been fed in months.

and i tend to think a poorly cared for and hungry snake of that size could quite possibly kill a child...

i was told the snake was keeped in a cardboard box with a doona over the top... it was always escaping.. some ppl....

Some keepers, in response to the use of this case as a reason to restrict or ban the keeping of large snakes in the US, have gone through the info available and said that they think it unlikely the snake did this....

In either case, these idiots did not deserve their daughter.

There was something very dodgy about that whole incident I watched the news feed after the so called attack very doubtful the parents had a lot more to do with the death than they are saying

Its pathetic that it spurred a state wide hunt of exotic reptiles, When clearly the parents are to blame. A quilt as a lid? What in gods name were these idiots on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back