Two sheds within two weeks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killimike

Reaction score
One of my vittatus shed about two weeks ago, and seemed fine, tho he had a bit of retained shed on his toes. He really hated me grabbing him and pulling at his feet, and I was worried I would snap a toe or something, so I was only doing a little bit at a time, and keeping the humidity high.

Two nights ago I looked in on the gex, and thought, crap that male is looking like he's gonna shed again.. and sure enough this morning he has. Must be his feet were bothering him?

I have seen threads about snakes shedding repeatedly in a short time, geckos too apparently :)

Sometimes humidity too high can cause excess shedding, either that or he's growing very quickly.

Ah ok, I had no idea that high humidity could do that Chris, and I have been keeping it high. They are now on 50:50 coco peat and sand. I will drop the spraying back a bit. He isn't growing much, his girlfriend is a food hog. She hasn't shed again yet.

Yoda my central beardie is on his second shed and measuring a whopping 55cm and weighing 365gms at 13 months!!! could be he didnt finish shedding in the first place as thats whats happened with my boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back