I'm moving and they say no pets allowed[but]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucket

Reaction score
I'm about to move and if been told no dogs or pets allowed But you can have fish and i think it said cats a fine?
should i just shut my mouth and not say anything cause all my reptiles are in enclosures and do not bark who would even notice.
It states i can ask the owners corporation but they would freak out about snakes,or should i just tell them i have geckos

has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Don't say anything and at inspections throw a sheet over them.

yeh i recon just tell them geckos or somthing. and tell them its just like having fish. there nearly always in their enclosure. i asked my land lord and she said it was fine.

My landlord actually laughed at me when I asked if tank animals were okay...in an "of course!" sort of way!

I read someones advice on here once (would give them credit but can't remember who) about getting statements from previous landlords saying you kept the house and animals clean, and no damage was done as a result etc etc

I asked my landlord on what damage my securely kept and much loved pythons could do,he was reluctant but I luckily won the arguement,I gambled and won.

I'll just throw a rag over them when i take them up stairs and do it early in the morning or late afternoon so no one sees them

I'm buying the unit so i should not have to worry about real estates 6 month check up is just the owners corporation which i've told can be a bunch of #@$%^&'s and i hope they don't notice me moving the enclosures in & ask questions cause troubles

i have two dogs and a python, in a no pets allowed house. i had been looking for a house that long which allowed pets to no avail so just bit the bullet and have to move the dogs each time theres and inspection, dont even worry bout the snake. just claim its like a fishtank and cant affect the house in anyway. the dogs are pretty good they dont destroy anything or piss off the neighbours. later on down the track i'll query the landlord about a pet bond and see if hes keen

I'm buying the unit so i should not have to worry about real estates 6 month check up is just the owners corporation which i've told can be a bunch of #@$%^&'s and i hope they don't notice me moving the enclosures in & ask questions cause troubles

Midnight move in :)

Throw a blanket over them when u move them in and say that they are fishtanks and the blanket is to protect the glass in the move. If you're buying the apartment the rest should be no problem.

Is there some defination with pets that can be found with the RTA (Rental Tenancies Authority) act on line? more in particularly pets in tanks?

I asked my landlord on what damage my securely kept and much loved pythons could do,he was reluctant but I luckily won the arguement,I gambled and won.

So long as they are kept secure and don't end up in the old lady's apartment next door to you, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I sold a young python to a fella who was renting the flat above my pet shop. The snake escaped. There is now a cigarette shop where my pet shop use to be. I wonder where my little snake went. To this day he hasn't been spotted. One day he might show up, though.

Make all your enclosures cabinet conversions and keep them basic, on inspection days remove substrate and lights etc, bag the snakes and put them in your wardrobe =p. Can't say nothing about having just plain looking cabinets haha.

I'm in a rental also.. The real estate said anything in tanks/ enclosures is fine. At the time I only had a pet rat but since she actually said 'you can get a snake if you want to' .. I went ahead and bought a baby bearded dragon and a bunch of other tank animals (fish, amphibians..). She also technically said that any pets are fine 'as long as they don't destroy the house'.. So I got a kitten who is quite well behaved. Been here 6 months and no inspection just yet but I think when we finally get one, I'll take the cat to mums and the others will be fine. :D

As long as your willing to take financial responsibility for any possible damages to the property.. I'd say your pretty much set. :)

I like the enclosures ive seen that have been built to fit into wardrobes and all you do it shut the door when people come over...for all they know you have alot of shirts..

Read your lease, mine actually says no pets and in brackets says fish in fishtanks are allowed.
Ive never said i have reptiles, because one real estate lady totally went postal on me one day when i told her, while she was showing me a house..after that she wouldnt even let me look at anymore houses.
I have a tank that i leave empty for inspections and theyve never said anything about it...but you just dont know.

i rent and never told my realestat about mine and have had inspections and they have seen them and just stand there with their backs to them. and i been here four years now.

I dont see what the problem would be, if your allowed fish in tanks then id like to hope you were allowed reptiles in tanks?

i guess they have a thing about them if they are vens and large pythons being able to getout and hurt some one but being small non ven would be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back