It's snowing..... Brrrrrrr *

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well, I chose to move from the heat of Cairns to the cold of South Otago...

This pic was taken from my bedroom window...

The snow didn't settle... It's still too warm (I know - go figure) - but there's plenty of the white stuff up the mountains for holidays which start tomorrow!!!

(plus I wanted to try the Flickr thing too).

Snowing - From my bedroom window! by slim6y, on Flickr

And just because I want to show it...

Sun Rise - South Otago by slim6y, on Flickr

awesome!

im happy for it to be freezing if its snowing, but if theres no snow whats the point? :p

did u get ur enormous bunny??

Bugger that !!!!! Not into snowsports so like a snake i am i search out warm places. getting warmer here now after a few coolish nights mornings Only bonus you have is nice cosy nights in front of fire. Coastals doing well ready to put them together again Fingers crossed She's still keeps ya reflexes sharp lol THANKS!!!!!!! theyre awesome

Thanks for the nostalgia lol, I lived in Dunedin for a short period of time myself. I miss the snow :(

Bugger that !!!!! Not into snowsports so like a snake i am i search out warm places. getting warmer here now after a few coolish nights mornings Only bonus you have is nice cosy nights in front of fire. Coastals doing well ready to put them together again Fingers crossed She's still keeps ya reflexes sharp lol THANKS!!!!!!! theyre awesome

They'll be lovin that up there!!! They'd be hatin' on me here!!!

Make sure you keep me posted with pics :)

Nighthawk - Dunedin is a great place - glad I don't live there though!!! Carisbrook's last game next weekend!!! And the new stadium opened too!!!

No more snow for a few weeks I think... So that picture is the best of it for the tie being... Because we're at sea level here we miss most of the snow. It seems to settle around 300m up and more.

Dear Slim,
Unfortunately it is a bit rainy in Cairns today so can't show you a picture of sunshine. But it is about 25 degrees.

Bit of a temp change that one Cairns/NZ. That second pic is very nice Slim6y

Nighthawk - Dunedin is a great place - glad I don't live there though!!! Carisbrook's last game next weekend!!! And the new stadium opened too!!!

Who's playing? I'd like to say I'm a Highlanders fan, but Cantabrian born and bred and, let's face it, no one can top Dan Carter, the guy's a conversion magician... :D

Dear Slim,
Unfortunately it is a bit rainy in Cairns today so can't show you a picture of sunshine. But it is about 25 degrees.

Yeah... shut up now.... ;)

I actually don't mind the cold... but I absolutely hated the stinking summer heat! It was this summer that pushed me over the edge to make me do this extreme! At one stage I had considered moving to Christchurch (I'm also Cantabrian) but... The earthquake happened and shook that idea to pieces.

Bit of a temp change that one Cairns/NZ. That second pic is very nice Slim6y

The temp change was a huge shock! But I can sleep at night without annoying air con or buzzing fans (and I'm not sweaty in the morning - unless....), curl up in front of the fire (got a multi burner in the house) and generally life isn't all that bad!!!

It's so much easier to get hot on a cold day than it is to get cold on a hot day!

Who's playing? I'd like to say I'm a Highlanders fan, but Cantabrian born and bred and, let's face it, no one can top Dan Carter, the guy's a conversion magician... :D

Also a Cantab here - and heading to my mother province this weekend... I think I am going to cry when I get into Chch... I'm going to stay with some mates - they're on some serious liquefaction ground too!

I've still got family there, warning you now it's a shocker so come prepared with tissues. My mum was in tears, she said it's a ghost town now, I still haven't seen the worst of it even being over there when it happened and flying back out soon after, but my husband was there during, in Madras St. Full hugs for your family and mates Slim, I know Jess hasn't been the same since.

Maybe it'll be a white morning for me...
Cold.jpg

It SNOWED!!!

No wind yet... Just a little snow...

This is the largest amount I could fit in one shot (not a lot I know - but we're at sea level here) while walking up the street.

Not a lot of snow falling at the moment either... Maybe more to come??? The weather forecast is a little off putting:

"Squally showers of snow and hail. Bitterly cold southerlies strengthening, and may rise to gale gusting 90 km/h about the coast."

P7247430a by slim6y, on Flickr

Rosebank's rosebank. by slim6y, on Flickr

Already in the last 10 minutes it's snowed heavier :)

Frances St 10 minutes later! by slim6y, on Flickr

One more for good luck - taken at 10:48pm (using the rubbish bin as a tripod because I am too lazy to get the tripod and set it up - plus it was cold - plus the rubbish bin did a great job)

10:48pm July 24 by slim6y, on Flickr

Hoorah!!!

Happy Snow by slim6y, on Flickr

Angel by slim6y, on Flickr

And one more - The Snowman!

P7257505 by slim6y, on Flickr

And a video [video=youtube_share;UPsuDqho-lk]http://youtu.be/UPsuDqho-lk[/video]

Last edited:
And even more snow now - taken a couple of hours ago at the high school here... We're expecting up to 20 - 30cm at sea level and 50cm and more above 200m!

It's a real polar blast, they're calling it a one in 20 year event (maybe even more) - they've even said it could snow to 200m in Auckland... That's something that doesn't happen often (like saying snow in Sydney really).

I'm really loving the wintry blast... Looking forward to being stuck at home till Wednesday - hopefully school is shut (they've already said they'll open at 10am - but most likely that will change tomorrow).

185462_205397982850207_100001400210302_588650_6086735_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back