Would You buy Artificial Branches Over Real Ones?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Buy Artificial Branches Over Real Ones?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the cost. Those vine looking things are quite expensive for my budget so I'll go for natural branches. But as far as plants go, I'd vote the artificial ones because I have tried live plants and the snakes do a very good job at flattening them....haha....Now I'd rather pay $70 for an artificial tree thats nice and leafy than pay $40 a short length of that reptile branded, bendible vine stuff

Just the record this will be a great idea.
But like other have referenced to THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BRANCHES FROM OUTSIDE.
They don't need to sterilized or any of that junk, a quick clean with water and they will be fine. Christ reptiles do live outside and they are not a piece of fragile furniture.

The only hollows I can't find are stuff for large monitors and large pythons and they would be ones I'd buy.

hubby loves going for walks to find his branches and stumps for the girls. in saying that, we have been looking for a good fork one for ages and still haven't found it, so in that case i would buy it

hubby loves going for walks to find his branches and stumps for the girls. in saying that, we have been looking for a good fork one for ages and still haven't found it, so in that case i would buy it

I've seen heaps of good tree forks but they still tend to be tree's when I see them :p

with hollows I was talking about big ones the snake can use as hides. These branches can be up to 30cm in diameter.

id buy a dinnerplate sized hollowed log or one cut in half, there isnt many like that in the paddocks people use them as fire wood as soon as they see them

I could see a good market for this as there is always someone that will prefer to go that way, I'm vey fortunate my family owns property west of Dalby and this is where I get most of my branches and hollow logs from.
(Sorry damian83 but I find some great hollow logs out there).

i use real branches/logs only because aritficial ones can be pretty expensive i do have some fake plants tho in all my setups

I used to use a broom stick handle...

Then I used thick bamboo...

The snakes never seemed to mind - even when they had a choice... They seemed to inch along the bamboo happily!

At first my poor Stimson python would slip off his bamboo logs.. Until I made them more abrasive.

I'd consider artificial branches as long as they were flexible, able to be disinfected and not fall apart or flake everywhere like some of the fake jungle vines I've used previously.

I am considering making artificial branches, not crappy ones but the sort that you dream of finding in the bush but never can, with the perfect forked branches and even hollow parts. We've got the vines sorted and they're great but I was wondering if people would be interested in paying for branches when they can find branches in their backyard. Difference being the quality and ability to order it the way you want it to look.

Haven't you already done it? As I recall they looked awesome...OR was it a dream and made from someone else, or another site? I'm confused as I haven't been on the sites for awhile... lol

it would depend on the price, I recently went into a petshop that were charging $100+ for a real branch... seriously... $100 for a stick! I went to the local park and found some for free....

Maybe yes if they were reasonably priced and came with screws attached so you can secure them with a wing-nut on the outside of the enclosure (hard to explain what I mean... I bought bird perches for my diamonds that had this)...

I'd say if they look realistic and there's a reasonably different range of shapes and sizes it would be a great idea. Another plus would be we could stop foraging our branches from the bush and leave them for our wildlife to shelter in. :p

Come on people, fake over the real thing, gotta go real for me.

Last edited:
Haven't you already done it? As I recall they looked awesome...OR was it a dream and made from someone else, or another site? I'm confused as I haven't been on the sites for awhile... lol
you're probably thinking of our new artificial vines.

thanks for the input everyone, some interesting points. I may make a prototype to take to the Gold Coast Reptile Expo.

Inside, a hide/heatsource that could be moved around would be great for monitors and my coastals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back