Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
There's a great new reptile magazine called 'Reptiles Australasia' coming out this week.

It's a top quality journal featuring some of the best writers and photographers in the fields of herpetology and herpetoculture, making it a very welcome addition to the herp scene.

It contains some of the best reptile photography I've ever seen. The articles are highly informative and very well written, making this new herp journal a great contribution to the herp scene both at home and abroad.
So let's all get behind it and give it our support.

I have ordered mine, can't wait to get the first copy. The preview on their site looks awesome.

It went to print last week, and because it is printed on heavy stock, drying times are a bit longer than would otherwise be the case. However, all purchasers and subscribers will have theirs delivered or in the post this week.

re New

Was easy to order,keen to check it out :)

as frustrating as it is, we urge everybody to observe the requests of the moderators. we would hate to see anyone banned from the site because they were supporting an aspect of the hobby which, for some inexplicable reason, is causing division.

the topic is freely discussed on other forum sites, which we cannot name, but if you wish to discuss the new magazine, you may have to search another location.

we are confident that the site owner does not have an issue with us, but rather has been placed in an uncomfortable position by political forces. we fully respect the site owner's rights in this matter.

hopefully the situation will change when deliveries start later this week, but if it doesn't, c'est la vie.

neil simpson

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/reptiles-australasia-magazine-165866/

t
his is the thread in which colin explains a little bit why they dont want it mentioned...

That was the situation last week, however admin and mods have been discussing this issue and it looks like we might see discussion on the magazine on here soon. This thread has jumped the gun and Im going to close it for now, but leave it up. It will be opened and the issue clarrified once we receive an official affirmitive reply from one of the admins as a courtesy to them, being one half of the owners of the site. So please bear with us. Thank you

But I will say this:
under no circumstances is there to be any questions, discussion, inference or reference to any private matter that may be going on behind the scenes between people associated with the magazine. Any member who posts anything along these lines will be infracted and may be banned outright at the discretion of admin/mods. The only posts acceptable are on the magazine, the magazine content, articles, pics etc Any reference to private matters concerning the magazine or the people associated with it will be infracted and the member may also be banned outright at our discretion. Be warned.

please read the above quote and stick to the rules please..

threads open again and discussion on the new Reptiles Australasia magazine welcomed. I've already seen the magazine and its sensational. It should be out today and tommorrow to people who ordered issue one or subscribed.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for re-opening this thread Colin.
Your request to keep discussion strictly off any personal matters will be totally respected.

Now let's talk about this great new reptile magazine!

I put down my subcription tonight!
Very keen to see this magazine, is there any other Magazines/Journals that are familiar?

Thanks for opening it up. Can't wait to read my copy. Hopefully it's at home when I get home. It looks really great. Cheers Daniel

the pre- production copy I have (may differ slightly to the printed copy Im not sure) has great articles by Rico Walder with tips on breeding green tree pythons, on the iguana trail by Stesha Pasachnik Ph.D. from Bay Isands Foundation, Iguana Research & Breeding Station Utila Honduras, Dave Northcott photo portfolio,
Project Abronia: Protecting the Secret Alligator Lizards of Guatemala, Historical - Identity of Phyllurus milli Bory de Saint Vincent 1823 by Glen Shea, Women in Herpetoculture - Aimee Silla, Borneo - Island of headhunters and magnificent wildlife by Michael Cermak, Article on Taronga Zoo with biography on Peter Harlow and others by the editor Jamie Stuart and more.. and the picture quality is excellent.

Neil should be picking up the printed copies tomorrow morning and will be hand delivering to some people and posting out the rest asap.

Be one of the first 1000 subscribers to Reptiles Australasia to win a place on a Philippines Herping Expedition. The prize is valued at over $10,000. Specifically, the expedition will be searching for, to photograph, Varanus bitatawa on Luzon, but will also search for Hydrosaurus pustulatus in its natural habitat. Field herping will predominantly be carried out in the Sierra Madre Mountains in Aurora Province, Luzon, however, the expedition will not be restricted to this location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately Colin, I believe the competition was due to be drawn yesterday. Well fortunate for someone but unfortunate for others that may have not been aware of the new magazine until now. I'm looking forward to finding out who won though. What a prize.

So is it a brand new magazine, or has it just been introduced to Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back