Global warming theory . . . Couldn't agree more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamkiller

Reaction score

Attachments

• ATT000011.jpg
    ATT000011.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 247
Have to agree with Astralis. Arrogance and certainty surpassed only by his ignorance.

What is this "science" and WHY IS IT MAKING ME LEARN THINGS?! Someone think of the children!!

The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere "behaves" over relatively long periods of time.
An easy way to remember the difference is that climate is what you expect, like a very hot summer, and weather is what you get, like a hot day with pop-up thunderstorms.
from NASA - What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?

Seems to me a classic example of can’t see the forest for the trees.

Climate change isn’t about predicting the daily weather pattern. It is about looking at the average global temperatures – a huge task in itself. I mean, how the hell do you work out an average temperature for the entire world? This is something the sceptics seize upon.

What climate scientists look at are the physical and biological aspects of our world that are temperature dependent. Things like the size of the polar ice caps and the amount of oxygen dissolved in Arctic and Antarctic waters. They also measure those factors which are known to affect the rate of heat loss from the planet such as the amount of C0[SUB]2[/SUB] in the lower levels of the atmosphere.

Doing it this way they are able to use pre-historic indicators of average global temperatures. In other words, they don’t need some pre-Neanderthal running around with a super-sensitive digit, sticking it up around the globe and recording the results in hieroglyphic like symbols to be unravelled by some highly gifted anthropologist.

Bottom line? It is about looking at the big picture.

Blue

Michael O'Leary, I used to accept climate change science but your eloquent, colorfully punctuated argument has changed my mind... :rolleyes:

I hope this guy just sent this into the paper as a joke to stir the pot, if he's serious I'll be concerned...

That is PURE GOLD!
I swear I laughed so hard I thought I was going to run out of breath.
I agree 100%
This is just a con by the big financial or the big green or some other big money-grubbing agenda.
Not that I'd ever dismiss green solutions because solar energy reduces your electricity/gas bill and that is a good thing, but this stupidity about climate change needs to be knocked on the head, it's just a bunch of voodoo science.

That is PURE GOLD!
I agree 100%
This is just a con by the big financial or the big green or some other big money-grubbing agenda.
Not that I'd ever dismiss green solutions because solar energy reduces your electricity/gas bill and that is a good thing, but this stupidity about climate change needs to be knocked on the head, it's just a bunch of voodoo science.

Hahahahaha, you're funny. Do you know anything about climate change other than what the media touts?

Respect the Science | Get the facts

Last edited:
That is PURE GOLD!
I agree 100%

While it probably isn't 100 percent accurate at least their is a decent chance that man caused global warming is true...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I can't believe that people still believe it's fake. Ha ha ha!

Wow lol I think you overestimate human intelligence alot..Or maybe you have just lived your life surrounded with mostly intelligent and well informed people? Well if that's the case you should come to Alabama or Texas and trust me you won't overestimate human intelligence ever again after living in those states :)

While it probably isn't 100 percent accurate at least their is a decent chance that man caused global warming is true...Unlike humanities favorite comic book the bible and religion in general.

The theory is not that we created global warming, it is that we are speeding it up.

That is PURE GOLD!
I agree 100%

Not far off the mark mate. Eugenics and electroconvulsive therapy were once also touted as valid science. Hell, once upon a time the sun orbited the earth.

We should bear in mind that climate change isn't something new. We even have animated feature films about the ice ages, just to remind us. And it does have a huge effect on the distributions of the worlds various flora and fauna.

What is critical about what is happening at the moment is the rate at which it is occurring. It is happening much more rapidly than as a result of natural processes. There is a huge question of whether natural ecosystems will be able to change quickly enough to keep pace and avoid massive decimations and extinctions.

Of course, the other side of the coin is how it will affect human agriculture? This isn’t something than can be readily moved or altered for any number of reasons. Particular land use comes with huge investment in equipment and infra-structure to support it. The land is individually owned in individual allotments, which does not readily allow changes from intensive farming to broad acre farming, if the need arises…

The main offender is carbon dioxide. In the last 70 years it has increase from 310 ppm to 390 ppm or 0.039% by volume. Not a lot, you would have to say, but the effect on the rate at which heat can escape from the earth back through the atmosphere is significant slowed down. If it keeps increasing at that rate then a century or two down the track earth’s temperatures could rise by an average of 5[SUP]o[/SUP]C to 10[SUP]o[/SUP]C resulting in an increase in sea level of 20m to 35m. Scary stuff!

Blue

Global warming is the biggest scam we will ever see in our lifetime.

People keep saying that the Planet is in trouble , its not , we are . The Planet will still be here long after our greed and arrogance have wiped us from the face of the Earth .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back