Global warming theory . . . Couldn't agree more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinks and sources...

Peta grams...

Beyond the average person's ability to understand.... Especially those who are in denial (which seems to be clearly followed by anger).

It's all been said here already...

im an inquisitive mind and through immense study i have come to a conclusion i am happy with.. im happy to help the earth, less pollution/destruction more recycling etc.. but when politics is introduced it causes all sorts of problems.. ethical and economical..
to those people that think that everyone who believes that man has accelerated the rate of global warming, just because that is what they were taught in school/their whole life, ie. due to the 'greenhouse' effect.. you are the most ignorant of all.. question what has been 'taught' to you.. yes teachers will hate you, but at least you can understand 'WHY' these things are the way they are, not as a simple explanation from a teacher like 'thats just the way it is'... also ponder this.. the biggest greenhouse gas IS NOT CO2, its humble old H20..

Haha myself and I imagine Slim6y would have to disagree with what you say about grumpy teachers. As science teachers it is our job to get students asking questions. That is how science works.

And yes you are correct water vapour is the main gas responsible for the greenhouse effect. Coming in at number 2 though is CO2 and I think we can agree that man has definately played a part in CO2 increases.

Afreind sent me that same quote a couple of weeks ago how true

the biggest greenhouse gas IS NOT CO2, its humble old H20..

H20 is in the air regardless of the effect of other gases. C02, C0, CFCs, etc are the contributing gases which act as a significant variable in the mix. Most gases in the atmosphere contribute their part, but these 3 are the main factors.

Venus is an extreme example of the current effect the earth is experiencing. The gases within its atmosphere reflect some heat and light and trap some heat and light. It is the trapped heat and light (all forms of energy) that increase temperatures. This is why venus has a surface temperature of 400deg C (Also it is closer to the sun). But this is on the extreme end. Even if the earth experiences 10% of this, it is still significant.

haha.. well ive had PLENTY of EVIL chemistry teachers... they HATED me asking questions.. and one teacher refused to answer me when i had my hand up.. and she would roll her eyes.. and i wasnt an evil child.. i just had questions that they obviouslt didnt have answers to.. and couldnt be bothered finding out..

I'm sorry AMS05 - but (being a teacher) I LOVE to be questioned... And considering I am in the sciences, I always think that it shows a deeper understanding if appropriate questions are asked.

In fact, I disprove greatly of quiet classes that take mindless garbage sent to them from the teachers...

As far as H2O and CO2 go - without them (especially H2O) yes, the earth would be a much colder average temperature than the 15'C it currently exhibits.

Virides - Woman are from Venus... Woman talk too much... Talking exhales CO2...

And finally...

Our planet... Mother Earth... Gaia... James Lovelock... He's an interesting being worth reading about.

Organized religion is the biggest scam we will ever see in our lifetime.

Fixed it for you.

What is your evidence for this?

Fox News and the Koch brothers..Oh and maybe some infomercial paid for by Exxon Mobil :D

People keep saying that the Planet is in trouble , its not , we are . The Planet will still be here long after our greed and arrogance have wiped us from the face of the Earth .

Yeah that is true..The planet will never be destroyed...We and most other large animals will be through.. Once we are gone another species( 1 or many) will fill the void and the cycle will continue. Humans have such an over-inflated view on how important we are..One of the reasons religion was created was to boast human ego and sense of importance

"We are the children of God..."God will watch over blah blah blah" and my all time favorite "Animals were created by God for our enjoyment" Lol disease carrying Mosquitoes, Tsetse Flies, Sandflies, Ticks, Assassin Bugs etc disagree...Not to mention Parasites, Viruses, infectious Amoebas and harmful Bacteria etc etc...Yep "God" surely must have created all these wonderful things for our enjoyment :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That being said while I do believe in humans contribution greatly to climate change...As the late great Steve Irwin said...Habitat destruction is still the biggest threat to non human living organisms....not climate change.

Last edited:
I don't see what all the fuss is about, global warming, rise in carbon levels, rise in water levels......Blah, blah, blah. Gillard is introducing a carbon tax.........That'll fix it. Mother Earth is sighing in relief already. We shouldn't have to lift a finger to help.;)

Can't we just build a global size air-conditioner? :D :lol:

No, but obviously you are if you believe this rubbish.

Camspeed, you still haven't answered my question. What's your evidence that climate change is a scam and a load of rubbish? You must have some reason for thinking this.

Come on, convince me. Change my mind. :)

Renet,

Such a statement is only made to elicit to elicit a reactive and emotional response. These sorts of comments are made by opportunistic individuals who parasitise discussions where those engaged feel strongly about the subject matter. It would appear that these particular individuals derive some measure of deviant gratification from successfully riling the emotions of others. The more outrageous the statement, the more likely they are to succeed in getting their jollies.

Rest assured Renet that you will not receive a reply of any substance, if at all. Had they anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion then they would have already done so. I am pleased to see your measured response for I belief that it is, as such, effective in thwarting their game plan. Most commendable!

Blue

Some years ago, on this very site, someone put a youtube video which simplifies the whole - 'should we do something' scenario.

To cut a 9 minute video short... ( [video=youtube;zORv8wwiadQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ[/video] )

It is NOT the most terrifying video you'll see (I think that Friday song beats it quite easily).

It is 'simplified' (perhaps overly) but it should at least get you thinking.

Even reading articles about the ocean not being able to absorb as much CO2 as before - so many of these things just continue to advocate a requirement for us to re-think our positions here on earth!

Arguing on forums is pointless. I don't feel the need to convince you to change your mind, I was merely stating my opinion, and to which you decide to insult my intelligence by calling me stupid for holding that opinion.

If it would make any difference then maybe I would be bothered telling you why I think it is a crock of ****, but the fact is that we're controlled by the government and they will do whatever the hell they want regardless. If you choose to believe whatever is spoon fed to you then by all means go ahead.

:lol: Here we go again.

I think this video speaks volumes: ‪Why The Global Warming Agenda Is Wrong‬‏ - YouTube

Global warming, in my humble opinion, is happening whether we're a part of it, or not. The sun isn't going to shine forever, like the Earth isn't going to last forever. People need to get their heads around the fact that "Nothing lasts forever". We're not as influential as we like to believe we are. Certainly not on the scale that we control the planets warmth. That's quite laughable.

I don't see what qualifies people like this to argue against the scientific community. I only have three words for them, "living in denial."Simple put, climate change is occurring due to a disruption in the carbon cycle from burning fossil fuels (CO2 being the bi-product). The repercussions of this offset in the carbon cycle is that the planet is slowly warming. Deal with it humanity. It happening, like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back