Gag order on kids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sutto75

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I am very pissed off with the local state school or should Isay the QLD labor reps in school. I'm a labor voter well was and we had PM Gillardcome to open our school hall today.. Woohoo al good and with the flood lastyear it make a good photo op for her and Anna Bligh. Now my two kids were toldthat they are only to ask questions about the school nothing else and if theydo they would be in trouble and suspect ion is not off the table.. I thought mygrandfather spent 3 years as a POW fighting for freedom of speech and my fatheralso fought for this country and now our kids can only say what's scripted.Sorry but this is crap local member here I come!!!!!!!

No your grandfather spent 3 years as a POW because the Japanese and the Germans had expansionist ideologies. Nothing whatsoever to do with freedom of speech. I think you a Liberal Party member trying to stir things up.
Shennanigins I say.

Peter, you forgot to say "and take over the world and enslave the populations", not only did our forefathers fight and die for our freedom of speech but also our freedom from oppression.....in fact all the freedoms we have today..............except our kids making a fool of our idiot Prime Minister.:)

Did your kids actually want to say something in particular?

Speak for yourself fugawi my forefathers fought for the Führer, not freedom ha

Come on Pete you should know the first and second world wars were started because Germany didn't like free speech! :lol:

No your grandfather spent 3 years as a POW because the Japanese and the Germans had expansionist ideologies. Nothing whatsoever to do with freedom of speech. I think you a Liberal Party member trying to stir things up.
Shennanigins I say.

Suto and Fugawi, you're both talking smack! The wars started because Germany wanted to reclaim some of her territories and Japan couldn't produce enough food to feed her population on the land they had, so they went to take some of super continent!

AND on top of that AUSTRALIA DOES NOT HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

AND AND AND!!!!

What is so bad about wanting to keep a discussion on topic?!?!?!

Last edited:
Shennanigins I say.

when i was a young boy i asked my Grandfather why he went to war. 2 reasons why
1 the adventure to be had
2 some dirty bugger in europe wanted to stop us from bloody havin our say.
so please dont tell me why my grandfather fought for this country.
I have a 11 year old who wanted to ask why the new tax is not good to old people and there money.. i would say its from grandad.. lol

Where was your grandfather fighting?

when i was a young boy i asked my Grandfather why he went to war. 2 reasons why
1 the adventure to be had
2 some dirty bugger in europe wanted to stop us from bloody havin our say.
so please dont tell me why my grandfather fought for this country.
I have a 11 year old who wanted to ask why the new tax is not good to old people and there money.. i would say its from grandad.. lol

Your Grandfather may have said that, but the history of WWII is pretty clear and well understood. Hitler didn't one day stand up and say 'Those bloody Aussies are talking too much! Dumkoff! I declare war!'

They probably did so so the PM wasn't sitting in the school all day answering questions totally unrelated to her visit. Really nothing to get all cranky and have a whinge about on the internet o_O

Where was your grandfather fighting?

Your Grandfather may have said that, but the history of WWII is pretty clear and well understood. Hitler didn't one day stand up and say 'Those bloody Aussies are talking too much! Dumkoff! I declare war!'

What is clear and well understood is what is in books. Yes igive you that. My Grandfather signed up and was sent to Asia he wanted to go toEurope he was in Singapore for 3 weeks then captured and spent the next 3 yearson the Burma Thai railway.
He wanted to do his bit and if that was fighting the Germansin Europe or the Japanese in Asia that was up to someone else he would do whatwas asked of him.
Trivializing it by saying what you did "Those bloodyAussies are talking too much! Dumkoff! I declare war!' Is your right that was won by what these boysand men have done
Not all is in a book mate.

They probably did so so the PM wasn't sitting in the school all day answering questions totally unrelated to her visit. Really nothing to get all cranky and have a whinge about on the internet o_O

i understand that but being told to zip it and there would be action if not done is what pissed me off

psh ask what ever you want, its your right as a voter sure we don't have freedom of speech in a constitution but for asking any legitimate questions they will simply divert the answer you wont get any real punishment/trouble especially if kids are asking.

also the school wont take any real action, suspending children for asking legitimate questions to there government that they have a right to ask will just land them is a potential deification storm and they know it, there attempted censorship is merely a bluff

Well, there should be action done. If there was no punishment (or at least, threat of punishment), then of course there's going to be a couple of kids that are going to try to talk about something else. The PM is kinda important enough to TRY to keep the conversation related to her visit (it isn't a press conference). I really don't see the problem.

Well, there should be action done. If there was no punishment (or at least, threat of punishment), then of course there's going to be a couple of kids that are going to try to talk about something else. The PM is kinda important enough to TRY to keep the conversation related to her visit (it isn't a press conference). I really don't see the problem.

vist is to open the hall.... yeah right
whats wrong with kids asking questions she is the PM not god.

Actually Hitler never threatened us here in Australia and the Japanese already had all of China to feed their people. The Japs had no reason to attack either Australia or the U.S. Both Japan and Germany ended up trying to take over the world. Both their leaders had delusions of grandeur. My father fought to stop me and the rest of Australia from being under Japanese tyranny.

And Gillard has just shown just how little freedom of speech we really have under her.

What is clear and well understood is what is in books. Yes igive you that. My Grandfather signed up and was sent to Asia he wanted to go toEurope he was in Singapore for 3 weeks then captured and spent the next 3 yearson the Burma Thai railway.
He wanted to do his bit and if that was fighting the Germansin Europe or the Japanese in Asia that was up to someone else he would do whatwas asked of him.
Trivializing it by saying what you did "Those bloodyAussies are talking too much! Dumkoff! I declare war!' Is your right that was won by what these boysand men have done
Not all is in a book mate.

You are such a simpleton. An absolute utter simpleton.

My 'right' to say things like that has developed in our countries culture for hundreds of years and millenia before that in other countries. Making a tongue in cheek statement that has no political, racial, sexual or religious type of connotation was not fought for or won by anyone in our country. I don't beleive it is a right and i beleive it is a product of our culture, not any war.

My Grandfathers fought in WWII. One also in subsequent wars in the decades following WWII in intelligence. Most Australian families have a war history.

We can tell that none of them fought for our 'right' for freedom of speech because Australia doesn't have and never had freedom of speech. IF our ancestors fought wars for our right for freedom of speech they would have been fighting the Australian or English government!

Have you ever taken the time to LISTERN to old diggers oranyone who was there is the great wars.
Have you spent a few hours on ANZAC day having a beer andsaying thanks for what these men done?
I would think not. When you have then you can call me a simpleton.These people went to war on the facts that what they know would be gone if theydidn’t stop the Germans and the japs.
It's really that simple. Maybe your history teacher came upwith something that’s completely different and what the governments at the timesaid but I'm talking about the diggers not the people who pull the strings.
Name calling is not nice my friend we are just have a debate. no need for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back