Who believes in Karma?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be a cut throat and win.
Sure it isolates you. But you end up being the best you can be.

Joy, bad things happen to the best of people all the time but it makes us stronger and have a tougher 'shell' to crack the next time it happens (if it does happen again).

Maybe those that seem rich in possessions and 'good luck' that don't deserve to have it all lack something else in life that we don't see. Sometimes there can be things under the surface and they end up being worse off than the good person that has 'bad luck'.

People that have little cherish what they have and the struggles they go through make them stronger. They learn from their past experiences, work towards their goals and enjoy it so much more when they achieve them. They deserve everything they have and their hard work, effort, and struggles along the way were worth it to have an honest result.

People that recieve or steal their 'riches' will never know what it is like to truely earn something or truely earn the right to say it is their own. They do not learn what it is like to work towards goals and can never whole-hearedly enjoy the riches they steal from others. They don't learn to do things for themselves and constantly rely on others.

Who is truely better off, those that have 'bad luck' or those that have 'good luck' and are handed everything or steal it from others?

I know where i would rather be :)

Hmmm.... He who dies with the most toys wins, lol. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate stealing, but you're only here once and spending your whole time on struggle street means you miss out on plenty of opportunities.Do it once, do it right.

Try explain Karma to millions in Africa who are born into suffering, live their lives suffering and die suffering for no other reason than the country they are born into. Oh! hang on they must of wronged in a past life.

Nice to think here in the lucky country all you have to do is help a little old lady across the road and you'll reap karma's rewards

It's not getting what you want, but wanting what you've got - Author Sheryl Crowe...

Personally... Saximus couldn't have said it better - spot on bro!!!

No i don't believe in Karma or the flying spaghetti monster..So no mainstream medical treatment was sort for the aneurysm?
She had an unknown AVM rupture on the 10th of May, they operated for 7 hours and couldn't stop the bleeding. Stayed in coma for 3 days with no improvement. Docs said no hope left. Turned off life support systems, signed a DNR and organ donation form. 3 hours later she was still hanging in there. Had MRI and bleeding had stopped. They operated and put back in coma. Went home last week with no major issues except her eyesight is a bit blurry and left side lags a bit. But they think it will all return in the next 3 months. We have no karma points left. So I have been helping old lady's cross the road and letting people in traffic left right and centre. Hahaha

Good or bad luck is certainly a matter of opinion or attitude. What can seem like a horrible thing to happen to one could be nothing to someone else. Same goes for good stuff.

Just do good things for the sake of it and not for any motivation of a reward of some description, or to make up for a "bad". There is only one person that is keeping score of your good/bad quota and that is you.

@ Squinty
Well think i might just agree to disagree on Karma.
Anyways, i hope your sister recovers and pulls through it all.

I sincerely hope there is such a thing as Karma. And if there is, I hope I have a ringside seat ;)

And if Karma needs a hand, my hand is up :D

I'm Pagan, so I believe in Karma. And I'm stealing the Karma/Dogma quote ;)

Karma is a myth does not exist even though it is good to help others

Last edited:
I find this really interesting, the different views people have.... I am a solitary wiccan so I say what goes around comes back by 3....but Karma is similar in concept. I know there are the sceptics and we all believe what we are comfy with I spose.... I could argue till I am blue in the face with some of the differing comments on here, but truthfully I would be wasting mine breath cause we all have unique and different ideas and mind sets. I am at peace(although not impressed at the moment)with believing what I do whether it is incorrect or wrong for others, makes no never mind cause it is right for Meeeee ;) It is not my place to judge or agressively impart my views... I just paddle mine own canoe ;)
Crystal x

Whether karma is or isn't I don't know, no one knows. "Believing" in karma is what matters. It's like a religion, people who believe in God are terrified that bad things will come to them if they do wrong, so they "try" (sometimes pretend) to do as little wrong as they can throughout their life. That's good!
I am trying, (sometimes pretending) to be good without God or karma and it works for me. I don't care if I go through the pearly gates or to hell when my time is up because I don't believe in either. I just live my life happily and best I can. My life is rich and exciting enough without those fictitious trimmings.

Karma has nothing to do with punishment and reward. It exists to teach us responsibility for our own path of life.As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.Live a good and honorable life. Then, when you're older you can look back and enjoy it a second time.Dalai Lama Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.You come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.What have you lost? Nothing!

Last edited:
Gee, I couldn't put it better. It's just bloody amazing! Can I catch up on what I missed out on in my life?
Man, you should write it up and publish it .... that is, if it's you original.

There is some truth to the what goes around comes around. I've often helped people out with the occasional free of charge electrical work. And as a result I've also received a lot of mates rates. Often from people I haven't helped too. Helping others often results in people wanting to help you. It's no mysterious force, just human nature. Be an **** and you will find people treat you like one in return. (just look at the relationship I have with steve1 :) )

Snowman, it makes a perfect sense, you you're nice to people and give rather than take, the ones on the receiving side will appreciate your generosity and attitude. Whether some good will come to you as a result of that is questionable. No matter what you do, there will be still some bastard that will try to rip you off or do some harm for a totally unexplainable reason.
I call it chance rather that karma. But .... that's just me.

There are people who need to believe in karma and there are those that can live without even thinking about it (just like religion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back