Snake Underworld with Henry Rollins starts tonight!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll have to wait till it comes to free to air analogue, Yeah I know it'll never happen :(

when an 18yr old can pop into the herp show, show some id and walk out with a bag full of the worlds most dangerous animals, it sounds like its destroying itself to me.....

Its not too much different in some places here in Australia regarding access to venomous species, and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

Ive not watched the show, but look forward to downloading it.

i dunno mate, theirs a big difference i think, he talked to a guy at a show and he talked about about anyone over 18, no lic, no exp walking into a herp show any buying a mamba or rattlers or a taipan or cobras with only id!! that's just scary as hell man... if it bites you i dont care but what if it escapes....phewwww i wouldn't want to find one when im mowin my yard lol

I believe you can do the exact same thing in Victoria though. All you have to do is pay the extra fee for the ven licence. Maybe one of our southern friends can shed some light on that though

I believe you can do the exact same thing in Victoria though. All you have to do is pay the extra fee for the ven licence. Maybe one of our southern friends can shed some light on that though

Pretty much right, if you are under 18 you have to show you are competent. Nothing wrong with that side of it. We don't want any more restrictions.

thats disgusting, how can any under 18yr old show any competence at all with taipans!
where in Australia can u just walk in and get one? i want to know so i dont move there
the people next door to me cant even keep their stupid cats or dogs inside i cant imagine anyone with
brains like theirs having access to something like that or a brown or a rbb!

WOW
some rules are good guys its for not only your safety but others safety as well!

thats disgusting, how can any under 18yr old show any competence at all with taipans!
where in Australia can u just walk in and get one? i want to know so i dont move there
the people next door to me cant even keep their stupid cats or dogs inside i cant imagine anyone with

WOW
some rules are good guys its for not only your safety but others safety as well!

Venomous snakes are found naturally over the entire country, how is your neighbour keeping a rbb any more of a threat then the naturally occuring ones. The only exception would be vens kept outside there natural range.

thats a great clip thanks for that jungle freak *still kicking myself for missing the show*

I missed it, however this is the only time I am thankful that Foxtel is extremely repetitive.

It was on again early this morning, so I recorded it to watch later.

The show was awesome I really enjoyed it, about time they have new reptile shows instead of the same repeats….looks like there will be another good one next Thursday.

Venomous snakes are found naturally over the entire country, how is your neighbour keeping a rbb any more of a threat then the naturally occuring ones. The only exception would be vens kept outside there natural range.
i totaly agree!
however, to put some perspective on my remark, the people next door to me
cant keep their psychotic pigging dog locked up they have(and are) paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and damages and one is in jail for setting on onto me other neighbour....
can you imagine morons like this in control of a brown or a taipan???

Saximus,in regards to the smuggling trade of australian reptiles,2 good books to read are,The Lizard King and Stolen World.The Stolen World is very interesting.I dont know if its true facts or not,but very interesting in regards to who was sending Australian reptiles to America

Lol.
Thats disgusting, how can any under 18yr old show any competence at all with taipans!

WOW

I know plenty of people who are younger than 18 and can handle taipans just fine.
In QLD you just have to do some stupid course (pay a few hundred) and go out and buy a taipan or a hoplo.

they have vids up on natgeo.com torrents will be up real soon
i just watched it again i still cant belive that tim guy shootin up mamba venom..... and not even breaking 70bpm heart rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back