CHECKLIST for a HAPPY EXPO

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild~Touch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to fine tune this Checklist for a Happy Expo :)

If you would like to display your animals at the next Reptile Expo near you, contact the organiser well in advance

Make sure you give yourself ample time to find the venue
then set up your display before the Expo is open to the public

Buy a big plastic tub and name it EXPO TUB and store all your expo stuff in it

Expo passes, display permits and your licence details

Table cloth and chairs

Wallet, phone and camera - make sure batteries are fully charged

Clipboard and Note Paper, pens that work, blue tack, drawing pins and sticky tape

Display Board Name & Signs, Your Name Tag, Flyers and Contact Details

Computer, DVDs and Photos, Power Ext.cord and Board, Lights plus spare globes

Enclosure, Water Bowl and bottled water

Windex, paper towel, hand sanitiser and plastic rubbish bags

~~~MOST IMPORTANT LAST THING~~~
Pack your animals Safely and Securely and put them into the Vehicle going to the Expo
Check your EXPO TUB is in the same vehicle

Upon arrival DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ANIMALS IN VEHICLE UNATTENDED

At the Expo make sure your space is Neat & Tidy and all valuables are stored safely out of sight in your EXPO TUB

Stand at the front of your table and talk to the public - Try not to chat amongst your friends behind the table

Thank the Organisers for the opportunity to Display

GOOD LUCK ! Be ready when the opportunity comes....Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Sandee.

The only thing I would add is to stress as you have, that you contact the Organisers well in advance to ensure your spot at the Expo/Festival. If you phone at the last minute we may not be able to accomodate you.

Also, to chat with the Epo Organisers about Insurance. This is a 'must do'.

For those who are wondering about Expos/Festivals in Qld, there's an Expo at the Gold Coast on the weekend 30th-31st July, and our own Reptile Festival will be held on Saturday, 12th November.

cheers
Joy

This is great!!
I'm going to print it & put it in my expo tub...I'm so hopeless at getting organised for these things...

Thanks

K

This is great!!
I'm going to print it & put it in my expo tub...I'm so hopeless at getting organised for these things...

Thanks

K

You're Welcome K

What prompted this checklist was last time we went Expo-ing we forgot the chairs and cameras :(

I'm gonna tape my CHECKLIST to the lid of my EXPO TUB ... LOL

Cheers
Sandee :)

Instead of a tub use an insulated esky so the live reptiles can travel down in comfort and the esky can be filled with Rodentfarm frozen food, purchased at the expo,on the return trip.

LOL ... why not bring an extra empty esky as well as the EXPO tub :) Add that to your Expo Checklist

Instead of a tub use an insulated esky so the live reptiles can travel down in comfort and the esky can be filled with Rodentfarm frozen food, purchased at the expo,on the return trip.

Very true. I was left trying to find something to transport a big load of frozen rodents after the Ipswich festival, but couldn't find anything anywhere so didn't make the purchase.

Might be an idea to try and get your guys to bring along some brocolli boxes or something - it would have paid off in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back