new freshwater croc enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyA

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys just set up my 6 foot enclosure for the new freshie i have coming in a few weeks, it has a hide, land, carpet, basking spot everything it needs i rekon, let me know what you all think.
Also i have only just set it up and the external filter isnt on just yet to pick up all the dust particals from the rocks so i know it looks cloudy, and the plants only a temp untill the croc comes home so the mollies can have babies and become some yummy snacks
IMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

hehehehe just makes me picture someone trying to explain that they have a croc too their landagent :p
Suddenly I bet they wouldn't mind people having cats!

goodluck, nice looking tank too :)

looking good.. ive been thinking about getting one, are you getting yours from a breeder in victoria or importing it?

I didnt think we were aloud to own crocs? i swear i was reading thru the classes of snakes/geckos and so on and it said no crocs???

also what happens when they get too big?

Last edited:
Yea i just clicked on but i do want to know what happens when they get to 9ft??

Most people put them outside in another enclosure, they are pretty slow growing so I have a few years, I will probably give mine back to the croc farm I'm getting it from so they can use it for breeding as they are slowly getting smashed by cane toads, that is if I don't fall in love with it, otherwise new shed for Ben

Haha that made me laugh, thanks for the info thou :) great idea to give it back for breeding, maybe swap for a smaller one to grow up again

Anyone seen "Swamp people' one 7mate? they go out and slaughter like 10 gators a day and have gator fashion people come pick out the best skins, it makes me sad to see such a waste :(

Yeah most of the time they will swap you for a hatchie again and you start again, but that's around 5 years down the track so no rush at all

The swamp people should swap the skins for dental work, at least they eat them also not just for skin

Anyone seen "Swamp people' one 7mate? they go out and slaughter like 10 gators a day and have gator fashion people come pick out the best skins, it makes me sad to see such a waste :(

Its not a waist at all! They uses nearly every part of the animal, yes the skins go into the fashon industry and the meat is sold for human consumption.
Its an industry that has been going on in that part of America for many generations!
They have a very short culling season and its basicly conservation at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back