Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codysnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering with hybridsing pythons if you crossed an albino darwin with any other morelia such as a GTP or maybe diamond if when you get the hatchies which would be all hets for albino if you put brother, sister or not to be insest have two breeding pairs and put them together. I would be very interested to see what these babies look like, iim not really agaist hybrids because seeings as in Australia we cant get balls, corns, rectis all the 'fun' stuff we could i guess mix things up and have new colours and somthing different. the albinos were big hits and more recently the RPMs, i have also noticed the ever growing amount of hybrids. I suspect with the ever growing amount of hybrids that eventually pure morelias would be worth alot more so their price will rise. I dont exploit snakes for their money either even though they are good money makers I enjoy snakes for what they are.

Im keen for any photos people may have of any hybrids of morelias or maybe even other Australian snakes. Also photos of more harder to find patterns and colours. :)

I'm just waiting for the first albino, rough scaled green tree python to show itself. I'm sure someone out there is trying ;)

Why hybridsie everything and mess up the genetics pool like theyve done in America? And our natives are way more "fun" than any corn snake or ball python.

Indeed more fun than a ball or corn... Who wants to keep little midget shoe lace snakes?

I don't see the problem with hybrids if they are kept seperate from pure lines and sold for what they are. How is it an issue? Plus you end up with fantastic looking snakes.

I'm not good with genetics, but wouldn't it be possible to perhaps breed an albino MD with another type of carpet python for instance bredli ,dilute the MD in it by matching the md with a bredli,breed offspring with bredli and repeat.I can imagine it would take a long time but eventually you'd have an albino bredli :D.

I'm not good with genetics, but wouldn't it be possible to perhaps breed an albino MD with another type of carpet python for instance bredli ,dilute the MD in it by matching the md with a bredli,breed offspring with bredli and repeat.I can imagine it would take a long time but eventually you'd have an albino bredli :D.
Good luck finding an albino MD...

Nope what you would end up with is an albino hybrid, carpet/bredli..... not an albino bredli.

Lol. You think if you make hybrids that it will increase the price of the pure species?? Hahaha. That is funny. Over here in America, a pure normal ball python is $20. A pure Irian Jaya carpet python (if it is really pure??) is around $100 to $500 depending on the quality. When you breed them together, you get a Carpball and they sell for like $2,000 I think? Over here in America they breed any snake with any other snake that will mate. We have ball pythons bred to Retics. Retics bred to Burmese pythons. Womas bred to ball pythons. Carpet pythons bred to ball pythons. Ball pythons bred to Blood pythons. Carpet pythons bred to Green Tree Pythons. Corn snakes bred to King snakes, and so on and so on. What is wrong with the snakes that are natural? Why do people have to breed two species together that would never meet in the wild? There is nothing wrong with intergrades that breed in the wild. That is completely different then taking a snake from Africa and breeding it too a snake from Asia. There is no need for it. It is simply for money. I am strongly against hybrids.

Yep I think the prices of the normal ones will go down because the "new exciting" hybrids will take over the market, that means less people will breed regular snakes and we'll become essentially like america with loads of hybridising, morphs and inbreeding and itll get harder to find a regular carpet python, spotted python ect

We only have like 11 python species overall though, with like 1 (oenpelliensis) not in the hobby. There won't be THAT many morphs.

Lol. You think if you make hybrids that it will increase the price of the pure species?? Hahaha. That is funny. Over here in America, a pure normal ball python is $20. A pure Irian Jaya carpet python (if it is really pure??) is around $100 to $500 depending on the quality. When you breed them together, you get a Carpball and they sell for like $2,000 I think? Over here in America they breed any snake with any other snake that will mate. We have ball pythons bred to Retics. Retics bred to Burmese pythons. Womas bred to ball pythons. Carpet pythons bred to ball pythons. Ball pythons bred to Blood pythons. Carpet pythons bred to Green Tree Pythons. Corn snakes bred to King snakes, and so on and so on. What is wrong with the snakes that are natural? Why do people have to breed two species together that would never meet in the wild? There is nothing wrong with intergrades that breed in the wild. That is completely different then taking a snake from Africa and breeding it too a snake from Asia. There is no need for it. It is simply for money. I am strongly against hybrids.

But if the seller is honest and says they are hybrids, and they aren't sold as pure (to eventually be bred and the offspring sold as pure) why does it matter? Forget the price of things for a second, who cares if the price of a pure python goes down, up or stays constant. Why is cross breeding snakes an issue?

We only have like 11 python species overall though, with like 1 (oenpelliensis) not in the hobby. There won't be THAT many morphs.

I dunno mate... Think about it. There are thousands of combinations that can come from 11 sub species.

Yep I think the prices of the normal ones will go down because the "new exciting" hybrids will take over the market, that means less people will breed regular snakes and we'll become essentially like america with loads of hybridising, morphs and inbreeding and itll get harder to find a regular carpet python, spotted python ect

Exactly. At least someone is thinking smart. Over here it is so hard to find a pure carpet python. You have to find a really good breeder that you know has a good name and not one that is just trying to rip someone off. I don't see the point of hybrids.... to me most are ugly and the original snakes are much more attractive.

Remember that post when we get someone breeding an Albino Rough Scaled Green Tree JAG.

Exactly. At least someone is thinking smart. Over here it is so hard to find a pure carpet python. You have to find a really good breeder that you know has a good name and not one that is just trying to rip someone off. I don't see the point of hybrids.... to me most are ugly and the original snakes are much more attractive.
I do think many hybrids are attractive, but I just dont want the bloodlines to be stuffed up.

Because most of the people in the U.S. aren't honest about it? They don't care what happens to the market as long as they can make some $$$$. Why else would you sell snakes for $25,000, $50,000 and $100,000 plus. If someone is dumb enough to buy a hybrid snake that is "supposed" to be a pure snake, do you think the seller is going to say anything? No. Maybe over there in Australia most of you guys are honest and are decent folks but over here in America it is a different story. If a seller sees that you aren't really all that good with reptiles or you are new too the hobby, some will try to rip you off in a heart beat.

Hybrids are about as exciting as bread.
People won't ever be selling honestly because half the time people don't even know what they are selling.
Get some naturally beautiful snakes or some furniture if you want something nice to look at.

Says the man with the Jag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back