Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakelove

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, headed up to Australia Zoo on the weekend and got some pics!

and some other shots as well!

Some good pics there like the one of the monitor sleeping

Thanks pythrulz! It was good to see it up close.

Wow, awesome photography!
Love the images. Thanx for sharing.
I want to go to Australia Zoo.

Thanks Tara! It was definitely worth the trip driving up!

Thanks Tara! It was definitely worth the trip driving up!
I definitely plan on doing the road trip thing up that way.... got a few places I need to visit.
Can only hope I will get something more than iPhone or 7yr old little digi camera pics though.... aha.... what camera do you use?

I definitely plan on doing the road trip thing up that way.... got a few places I need to visit.
Can only hope I will get something more than iPhone or 7yr old little digi camera pics though.... aha.... what camera do you use?
haha, I'm sure you'll find something when it's time for you to visit! I'm using a Nikon D700 and the lens used were 70-200mm and 24-70mm. oh and here's a couple more!

DSC_9393 by Bwbnikkun, on Flickr

DSC_9355 by Bwbnikkun, on Flickr

Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate!

Did you get any photos of the retic that is supposedly 25ft? Fantastic photos, the tiger looks great!

Did you get any photos of the retic that is supposedly 25ft? Fantastic photos, the tiger looks great!
Ive seen the retic, its over 7m long and is usually curled up, but a while ago I went and she was stretched out across the tank. Holy crap shes the biggest snake I've ever seen.

That was probably the only thing that I missed! Haha cheers for the comment mate!

Shes located in the main building where the crocoseum is :)
Some things are easy to miss, for example, I've been going to that zoo many times for ages and only just recently noticed the Shinglebacks living near the Tasmanian Devils.

That was probably the only thing that I missed! Haha cheers for the comment mate!

Haha, funny that you missed the 25ft python :) Can you please post up pics of the rest of the snakes you photographed?

Do they have every aussie python there? I'd love to see the jungles if they do.

Wow those are some amazing shots mate! I practally live in the Snake den over there but I don't seem to reconise the snake in the second photo, I've got a feeling its the Chappell Island Tiger but not to sure. Hope you got some shots of the Scrubby and the Inland Tai (My best photos are of those two) Glad you enjoyed your visit :)

Wow those are some amazing shots mate! I practally live in the Snake den over there but I don't seem to reconise the snake in the second photo, I've got a feeling its the Chappell Island Tiger but not to sure. Hope you got some shots of the Scrubby and the Inland Tai (My best photos are of those two) Glad you enjoyed your visit :)

If the OP doesn't mind, could you post them up?

Haha, funny that you missed the 25ft python :) Can you please post up pics of the rest of the snakes you photographed?

Do they have every aussie python there? I'd love to see the jungles if they do.
The Australian Pythons they have are: GTP's, Scrubbies, Coastal Carpets, Womas and Spotteds. In the same room they also have some very nice elapids. I was a bit dissapointed with the lizards though, only had Beardies, Bluetongues, Perenties and Shinglebacks, all outdoors. I wouldve liked an indoor part with some smaller skinks and some geckos.

Haha, I love the photo of the sleeping Perentie!

The Australian Pythons they have are: GTP's, Scrubbies, Coastal Carpets, Womas and Spotteds. In the same room they also have some very nice elapids. I was a bit dissapointed with the lizards though, only had Beardies, Bluetongues, Perenties and Shinglebacks, all outdoors. I wouldve liked an indoor part with some smaller skinks and some geckos.

How many exotic snakes do they have mate? Thanks for the info.

Fantastic pics :) Got some skills! The boat at sunset looks great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back