Best monitor for a 4ft enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_H

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yo,

I have my eyes on an enclosure 4ft long x 100cm high. what's the largest adult monitor I could reasonably keep in this? Anything bigger than an ackie that anyone could suggest? I'm only looking to get one animal. Thanks!

monitors are great to watch as they are so active, so for a tank that size i wouldn't go any bigger the an ridge tail or a tristis and alike.

For looks I reckon Varanus tristis orientalis.

monitor would be ok for a encloser that size a spencer or a lacie up to 6-12 months then just move to a bigger encloser

I'd LOVE a lacie more than anything, but I'm in Melbourne so it would have to live indoors - din't have anything big enough to house a monster like that sadly :(

I'm renting, I'll run that one by the estate agent, I'm sure the land lord will be fine. There's nothing in the tenancy agreement that says no keeping of lace monitors....

Hahaha, I am sure one could make an amazing lacey enclosure out of a room. But a 4ft cage if you want it to house the animal its whole life I would go with something fairly small. While an Ackie might be fine in that enclosure monitors are very active I only keep two young Gilleni but I think the more room (without it being too much for them) the better as they just love running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back