Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes located in the main building where the crocoseum is :)
Some things are easy to miss, for example, I've been going to that zoo many times for ages and only just recently noticed the Shinglebacks living near the Tasmanian Devils.

haha yeah I brought the map of the zoo home and I just looked at it. haha damn it! We went past it like a couple of times too..Well I think I was practically next to it when I took a picture with the Burmese..haha!

Haha, funny that you missed the 25ft python :) Can you please post up pics of the rest of the snakes you photographed?

Do they have every aussie python there? I'd love to see the jungles if they do.

They didn't have a jungle there. But yeah I'll post up other pics of the snakes as well, I think I've got a colletts, scrubbie a coastal and something else to put up. I wanted to take a pic of the woma they had there but it was burried in the substrate.

Wow those are some amazing shots mate! I practally live in the Snake den over there but I don't seem to reconise the snake in the second photo, I've got a feeling its the Chappell Island Tiger but not to sure. Hope you got some shots of the Scrubby and the Inland Tai (My best photos are of those two) Glad you enjoyed your visit :)

Thank Miss-Mac! I'm pretty sure that's what it was..I wasn't reading all the info haha. Was just loving the fact that most of the snakes were out and about! except for the scrubbie which was curled up in a little ball haha.

The Australian Pythons they have are: GTP's, Scrubbies, Coastal Carpets, Womas and Spotteds. In the same room they also have some very nice elapids. I was a bit dissapointed with the lizards though, only had Beardies, Bluetongues, Perenties and Shinglebacks, all outdoors. I wouldve liked an indoor part with some smaller skinks and some geckos.

Yeah, more lizards would be better but it was definitely worth the trip!

Haha, I love the photo of the sleeping Perentie!

Haha cheers! I tried to poke it with a stick to wake it up..but it didn't work?

JOKES! haha..

Fantastic pics :) Got some skills! The boat at sunset looks great :)

Cheers for that mate. I just happened to have my tripod with me, shame I left all my filters at home! It was such a beautiful river..

Last edited:
Second pic is the King Brown, great photos!

You know what... It is! Good eye Dan. Don't belive I didn't see it, he seems so small and very dark in the photo then to when I see him irl (most of the time he dosen't have his head out) But hes head is usualy quite light in colour, then I guess it is winter time and some have gone darker. Thanks for that!

Thank Miss-Mac! I'm pretty sure that's what it was..I wasn't reading all the info haha. Was just loving the fact that most of the snakes were out and about! except for the scrubbie which was curled up in a little ball haha.

Your welcome. Most of the time when I'm in they are quite active apart from a select few. Lol, the words 'Scrubbie' and 'small' is very strange to read in the same sentance xD

You know what... It is! Good eye Dan. Don't belive I didn't see it, he seems so small and very dark in the photo then to when I see him irl (most of the time he dosen't have his head out) But hes head is usualy quite light in colour, then I guess it is winter time and some have gone darker. Thanks for that
it may be a different one that just got put on display

it may be a different one that just got put on display

Quite possible, I'll deffentaly be going in again in a few days to check it out. But I don't think they change them around that often, the big guy has been out for yonks!

Wern't too good? Bugger off they're great! The Scrub turned out really good and same with the Tiger. I envy your skill!

Haha cheers miss Mac. I kinda wished the scrubbie was stretched out! They all had beautiful enclosures there. Definitely spoiled snakes haha.

He gets quite active in the avos but it's never for very long. Longest I've seen him moving around is roughly 20min or so. All about right place at the right time. Yeah, I really love all the enclousures, the artist who did all the painting for them was a family friend untill he sadly passed away and it's always so nice to go and see his artwork still around the Zoo.

Haha well I must've gone in the snakey area at the wrong time then! Haha. The coastal had an awesome enclosure. That was my favorite one. So you work there or just volunteer? I could've said hey! Haha

I only do voluntry work at the Wildlife Hospital there but thats only twice a week. I pop over to the Zoo in the afternoons.

Haha that's alright! My pleasure! I'll post up more photos soon!

They have some very nice elapids, the Eastern Tiger and Western Brown are stunning, but I've noticed gashes on the Coastal Tai when I was there. I was lucky enough to see the pythons being fed, the GTP's launched themselves off the branches immediately, the Carpets were snapping as soon as he opened the tank and surprisingly one of the womas had to be force fed.
But the star of the show was the scrubby, everyone was made to stand 3m back and he launched half his body out the tank to grab the rabbit the keeper had for him. Got some awesome pics, should make a thread of my own ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back