Young Herpers Showing Great Potential....... *WHO ARE TOMORROWS HERP HEROS*????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb64

Reaction score
Follow on from my thread started in 2006... I am interested to see how much if any our thoughts have changed on who we think our NEXT GENERATION HERP HEROS will be????

Ok lets follow on from *Credit where Credit is due*
We have discussed all the oldies that helped us out over the years... now its time to acknowledge some of the younger generation who are showing great potential and who we believe will be a great asset to the herp world in years to come....
There are some awesome young people out there who show such dedication and the desire to absorb as much knowledge as they can from all of the more experienced herpers.

Lets tell these *kids/young adults* how much we admire them for their consistancy and dedication to our awesome reptiles both online and off.
There are some youngens out there who`s lives evolve around our wildlife , not just by caring for their own herps but also for the care they give in the form of voluntary and paid work at our various parks and care centres...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS & GALS.. your efforts dont go unnoticed ... us adults just tend to get a bit slack at times when it comes to acknowledging your great work

LOL I might have to revise my 2006 predictions a tad.... But still Luv Ya guys.... Alex Mitchell is still up pretty high though in my poll ...

Alex gets my vote hands down.... I have watched Alex grow online over the past few years and had the absolute pleasure of spending a few days with him recently.. He was great to work alongside at ARP in April and I look forward to doing it again soon..
He is a hard one to keep up with...if he isnt at school then he is either at ARP doing voluntary work.. or at the Vets where he works or at the Aquarium...
In my opinion Alex has the potential to be a great asset to our Herp community over the years to come.... He has certainly started out the right way.. by getting out there and accepting any advice and any hands on experience he can get...
So all you young herp gals out there.. if your after a good catch who will help you immensly with your herps in the future also...keep on eye on this lad Also coming in close behind would have to deffinately be Dicko and Nathan...
The 3 of you are awesome guys... (cuties too I might add) keep up the good work Guys Luv You All

Last edited:
Jordan Vos, his identification skills in the field are close to first class for such a young bloke.

Agreed, and as someone who spends a lot of time herping with him I can say he's pretty humble about it to.
I wouldn't say he's my herp hero as that would just be embarrassing for us both, LOL, but as someone that's a good couple of years younger than me I have a lot of respect for him.

Geckphotographer leaves me wishing I had stayed in school and at 17 shows a knowledge and potential beyond his years.

Geckphotographer leaves me wishing I had stayed in school and at 17 shows a knowledge and potential beyond his years.

Thanks. But I think there are more deserving younger members on this site, for example snakeluvver (the one without a number :p) has enough common sense and has been taking in knowledge like nothing else from this forum. I think if he keeps passionately looking at reptiles seeing as he is only 12 he has plenty of time to become a high point in the field. (I certainly look at his more intelligent posts and think "god I wish I knew that at his age").

Me :D haha im just a wannabe.
Snakeluvver knows every bloody answer to every question on this site :p So him

LOL yes I agree, but I still think Snakeluvver is lying about his age though.

I don't know some of his posts before I joined are a bit sketchy, he is just taking things in like a sponge. Who wants to go on a trip to the Sunshine Coast to check? :p

Another person I think shows potential is Tassie97, although probably not as much as snakeluvver.

obviously me ... duhhhh
Lol i know my herps, but not much not to know down here HAHAHA
im sure when i go up to Noosa this year ill be in heaven, already planned the trip - all the herping spots that is :p, now to see if my dad will take me or just relax on the beach :/

I think Jordan has a groupie you just never know whos lurking behind an avatar name like Valkyrie

Nick you definitely do good work for your age with inverts :) Especially pedes.

Well see the only person I can really say is Alex (snakeluvver) because he's the only one younger than me, haha.

lots of back slapping going on in this thread ... got to expect that from 13 year olds :lol:

although Ryan Harvey is a certifiable nutter.... his ability to Identify herps and then give a speech about its location/ distributions impressed the hell out of me

Wow thanks :) I clicked this and auto thought snakeluver and was pleasantly surprised when geckphotographer made that comment :) Ps snakeluver are u aussieherps on u tube ?? Who ever he is he is pretty cool any way :D

Thats what the thread is all about guys.... Letting you all know that your dedication and commitment to the hobby doesn't go unnoticed....
Good job to all who make the wall of FUTURE POTENTIALS :)

scott I can see you reading this thread .... your a walking encyclopaedia but deb did say young :lol:

Chris,I agree,Ryan has a great ability for identification and distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back