BHP Fail Feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chickensnake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was going through some old photos and found these(this was when she was about 4ft), I thought id ask if anyone else has had this happen with BHPs?
This was the first time she did it, and it happend once after this too.

OH and she stayed like this for about 30mins lol

Attachments

• fail....jpg
    fail....jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 152
  • fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 127
  • fail (2).jpg
    fail (2).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 138
I reckon she had the right idea... she certainly is a lot better looking than the rodent!! ;)

mine di that the other night:D we all laughed so hard, when he went back for the second go.

At the time i was freaking out..but then i realised it wouldnt really do anything to her so i got the pics lol

My 6 month old BHP did recently, she tried my finger 1st though and held long enough to fetch the camera and snap a few pics. I put the camera away and fed her, she missed the fuzzy and bit herself.

She got it perfectly right, till she bit herself.. Great photo's!

I saw a photo a few years ago, of a Antaresia swallowing it's own tail, to the point of where it was seriously hoping to finish the meal..

Yeah we've had our big boy miss the rat and smash himself. He let go pretty quickly though, bit himself so hard he bled a little bit and we freaked, but he was alright. No scars lol, he's never missed again though...

I had a Children's Python start eating itself by the tail. It got a fair bit of itself down before spitting itself out. Unfortunately I didn't grab the camera in time. I've heard of it happening a few times, and some people have managed to hit the snake with their cameras while it was happening.

I have a couple of pictures friends have sent me, but they're in the depths of my albums somewhere and it would take three quarters of forever to find them, so I just googled a few :lol:

snake-eats-itself.jpg

snake-eats-own-tail.jpg

6a00d8341bfd2253ef01156f8feb98970c-800wi

Hi Renenet,

I have a Stimmie too, one month younger, and my first snake for many years.
For the first month or so she was quite active and when i tried to handle her she would bite repeatedly. Since then she has pretty well shut down, shed, and then shut down again in her hide almost all the time. When she does venture out I offer her a feed and she has never refused. Still bitey but largely brumating???? Not handling her much currently.

How is yours going? I would really like to hear your progress!

Cheers!

Luremaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back