Thinking of selling my Centrilian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allybean

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was discussing with my partner the other day that I was thinking of selling my snake, I love him but dont feel I have as much time for him as I do my dragons (the snake not my partner :p)

But I'm just not sure... I wish this was an easy decission to make.... has anybody else gone through this? what have you done??

Whats a centrilian?

I have seen plenty of Centralians though

but snakes don't need, or desire, attention like dragons? and you don't have to feed them daily etc like dragons...so it'd be the easier one too keep?

in anycase, goodluck with whatever you decide

I will give you a tip don't include your mobile number if you make an for sale add on here. You will need to subscribe to sell though.

Dude, come on Beeman. It's not a spelling competition. It's an honest spelling mistake.

Allybean - Do whatever you think is best. If it's a matter of work, taking away the time for your python, try do your best to adjust to the time you do have left, to give your animal attention. If it's other circumstances, try and find a friend that will happily take the python off your hands, that way you know it will be looked after well, and you can still see the animal often.

Do whatever you feel is right for your python. Pythons need their often husbandry requirements, feeding, water, cleaning, ect.. Handling isn't a day to day need, some breeders have snakes that are hardly touched. If you have the time on a weekend, take your python out for a slither on the grass and in the sun, they love it!

Dude, come on Beeman. It's not a spelling competition. It's an honest spelling mistake.

Allybean - Do whatever you think is best. If it's a matter of work, taking away the time for your python, try do your best to adjust to the time you do have left, to give your animal attention. If it's other circumstances, try and find a friend that will happily take the python off your hands, that way you know it will be looked after well, and you can still see the animal often.

Do whatever you feel is right for your python. Pythons need their often husbandry requirements, feeding, water, cleaning, ect.. Handling isn't a day to day need, some breeders have snakes that are hardly touched. If you have the time on a weekend, take your python out for a slither on the grass and in the sun, they love it!

If you cant even get the snakes name right it shows how little
you know about the animal you keep!

Last edited:
If you cant even get the snakes name right it show how little
you now about the animal you keep!

Yes, doesn't take much to do typo's. I instead of an A.

By the looks of what I quoted, Your grammar isn't quite up to scratch either mate.

snap!

I do have to ask, what obligatory time requiremts do you feel your snake requires?
It's just, mine dont even take 30 mins a week from me.

You're up in arms about the wrong vowel? Wow, what a petty thing to even bother typing a post about.

I for one don't think "not having enough time for a snake" is a valid excuse to get rid of one. Your bredli doesn't need your affection as your dragons do. All he wants is warmth, food and shelter and he'll love you forever if you provide these (at least, we like to think they do haha). Your snake needs maybe an hour of week for feeding, cleaning and getting him out to take photos or to get him into the sun. If you can't provide an HOUR a week, then there's something wrong =)

You're up in arms about the wrong vowel? Wow, what a petty thing to even bother typing a post about.

Yeah, I know, it's quite low. But I didn't wanna see a user make an innocent question, and have a well and matured man state a small, meaningless spelling mistake with no advice at all. That's a pretty petty thing to post about.

Sorry guys I was watching Doctor Who... and let's face it a spilling mustake or zwei hoppens when he is un! haha

"beeman" I'm sorry you feel so strongly about the correct spelling of an animal... I do hope you take just as much care in your own life :D

Let me re-phrase what I have said earlier... Since I have got my dragons I dont devote nearly as much time to my snake (would you rather that sake??) Whilst some of you may only handle your sake :p once a week I used to handle mine every day (ok so that sounds a bit wrong! haha).. anywhoo... Dragon's do demand a lot more of you and therefore Plissken (yes that is the correct spelling of his name) does not recieve as much attention as I used to let alone would like.

The demands of work and studying for 2 diplomas, the demands of everyday life before I even get in the door of my house does not mean there is somthing wrong... it means I am busy as ****... then I walk in the door of my house and I have household demands... shall I go on?

I was simply wondering what else I can do besides "getting rid" of my little guy by asking the advise of others who may of been in the same situation.

Cheers Ned_fisch :D

That's certainly a busy life, Allybean. How long will you be studying for? One day it will come to an end and you'll have more time to spend with Plissken. In the meantime, as long as he gets his husbandry requirements, I don't think he would feel neglected if you only got to handle him once a week.

Good luck with your choice.

Sorry guys I was watching Doctor Who... and let's face it a spilling mustake or zwei hoppens when he is un! haha

Heh, heh.

its 'know'*

Ally, it's true snakes don't miss companionship. But I think if you're finding it hard to attend to his basic husbandry needs & do enjoy your dragons more, it might be a good idea. Sad though :( or perhaps you have a friend who could take him for a while?

When I moved home to go to uni (and got a puppy), I wasn't sure if I should keep my Diamond pair or not. I already had my other snake which was first and would never get rid of. I was worried I would run out of time for them and not handle them as often as what would be needed to keep them tolerant of being handled. In the end I decided to keep them as the process I went through to get them was quite time consuming (ACT licensing and issues with the guy doing my license) and I thought to go through all that I must of really wanted them, plus because I found it so hard to make up my mind that kinda said something to me as well.

I'm so glad I kept them and I don't handle them as much as I used to but they still seem quite tolerant and I still find them so lovely.

hahahahaha the irony of this is outstanding!!! Perhaps before you go around criticising others spelling you should make sure yours is also up to scratch.

Last edited:
If it's a time problem, seriously, wouldn't you get rid of your dragons? Or any of the other numerous animals you have?

Snakes don't require much, except, as others have pointed out, maybe an hour or less each week, to feed (if they still are eating depending on age) and cleaning.
They don't need to be picked up and handled, they won't miss it.

If you just don't like and enjoy him any more, then maybe its in your snakes best interest to move him on :)

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back