Aaah the Jungle Python....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nakerz_the_herp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am taking care of my friend's jungle juvie for a week or so while he sorts some stuff out and I have been handling her a couple times a day for a day and a half. I have been bitted about a dozen times.... Oh the joy. Its all good because her bites feel like nothing. Hehe, just thought I'd share :)

Haha, jungle juvies are very good at biting... and sending projectile urine everywhere :lol: good luck with it :)

Last week i bought two striped jungle python juvies,,

ive never been bitten so many times by snakes..
and the pee, lol, havent been peed on so maany times since probing time at the zoo,,,lol

Yeah I've only been struck once (on day one) by my little guy (6.5 months old) and luckily haven't been pee'd on yet!

It is probably already stressed from the move, handling it a few times a day won't be helping, especially if it is peeing on you..

hmmm, kinda had a black & gold jungle on the wissssssh list, but all the "pee" talk is starting to put me off.....

my jungles the tamest but my spotted children fml projectile pee, biting and non feeding, jungles in my experience are angles :p

lol my diamonds do the peeing when scared only :)

My adult jungles I purchased haven't bitten me yet but have tried many many times.... and i really don't want to get bitten, but they are becoming calmer and calmer as time goes on, i can put my hand in now and pat them etc, feel them and they don't slither away in a massive rush! :) also thanks to longqi who gave me the idea of putting pillow slips over my hands to start! :)

Iv owned 5 Jungles, 4 out of the 5 I would describe as placid with only a single bite from a female when she missed a rat and got my hand.
The 5th I would describe as snappy but she can still be held without being peed on (Iv never been peed on by any of them)

Every time I hear these stories i realise how lucky I am
I have four jungles two bought from piccies and they are all nice
the snappiest one I have only snaps if she mistakes me for food and is a little bit jumpy....none of them ave ever done the projectile peeing......

They are all really lovely....I think I would be in shock if I got a nasty one....

Why do I know they are all carrying the nasty gene and when I finally have a clutch and decide to keep a baby she will be satans daughter !!

Elizabeth

my jungle is pretty good too...
he's only a few months old, he's very cage defensive but chill as once you get him out; certainly never peed on me!

All 3 of mine are angels :) Snappy was a tad snappy for the first 3 days but that's it.

Georgie has only ever bitten me once and that was when his aim was a bit off, he is so placid. Doesn't matter where he is in the cage, he won't try to bite you at all if you disturb him. The other two are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back