Identify me please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drifty

Not so new Member
Reaction score

My boss found it at her home, was about 60cm long and looks to have just eaten something.
Didn't manage any photos of the head, sorry.

Im guessing some kind of legless lizard?

Thanks!

Attachments

• lizard.JPG
    lizard.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 315
It's non venomous, What makes you think it may have just eaten something?

I would be interested to know if blind snakes gourge themselves enough to make it visible. I've never noticed personally

Blind snake & thier main diet is ant eggs, & they are mostly hidden away but will come out in rainy weather.

I found one in my pool one rainy morning & thought it was an earthworm untill i looked closer.

Cheers
Ian

that smell doesnt wash off easy

they feed on termites and the larvae and pupae of ants

As the others said its a Blind Snake.....at 60cm long it is massive for a nigrescens...more likely proximus but without counting scales(a smelly job) no one could be 100% on the species.

Cheers,
Scott

We use to find R.nigescence 60cm+ fairly commonly in the Cumberland plains region just west of Sydney. Being the only known species in the region (other than the occasional braminus) I didn't bother counting scales. On an interesting note, a well respected herper from this forum found a 90cm+ blind snake just outside of the Iron range last year. I'm not quite sure what this could have been...

proximus are in the western suburbs of Syd

I have found R.nigrescens well over 60cm, up to maybe 80 where I live back 10 yrs ago now, recently have only seen very small ones comparatively. Scott, Wilson and Swan says the length of proximus and nigrescens is the same?

giant african black worm, lol

looks pritty cool by the way, never actually seen one in person only in pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back