Started new conversion!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angie90

Reaction score
Picked up a great laminate cabinet from St vinnies for $20, with sliding glass doors already installed. About 900x600x500. I've sanded down the laminate on the outside so far, coated it once with whiteknight (need to do another coat) but still deciding what to do with it. I've taken off the old backing that had a mirror on it, bought some MDF to replace it! Collected heaps of foam & have started the background. Here's a couple of pics so far!
IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Used liquid nails to glue down the foam.
IMAG0173.jpg

First coat of waterey acrylic render with PVA.
Please give me any suggestions/tips etc! I'm pretty happy with how it's looking so far :) I like the ledge too!
It's turning out to be heaps of fun.

I also used a soldering iron between the last 2 steps to put some lines & texture into the 'rock'.

Hahaha! No worries :)Any other ideas guys? I'm not really sure what way I should go with the colouring. My stimmy that is going into it is a broome stimmy, so is dark & grey. Not sure if I should go with grey rocks or brown ones? Or maybe sand coloured? Hmm

Me personally would go the sand colour and attach some of those fake vines. I think that would look good

I personally think desert looking enclosures are awesome, As mentioned above. slap a little green in there too. Nice buy by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back