Chances of eggs hatching :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My bearded dragon laid her first clutch there was 6 one was bad though. Ive left them for nearly a week they was very deflated but i raise the humidity. I can clearly see 3 are fertile out of the 5. Whats the chances of them hatching? :)

Thanks

Hey that is a super small clutch, are you sure she got all the eggs out of her. I'd hate her to still have some in her and become egg bound. I would be filling up a tub with soil and placing her in it. If you keep the humidity high on those eggs 85%+ and temps anywhere between 26-31, then the eggs should hatch. Yes an incubator is the best way of making sure that will happen :)

Yeah, Home made unfortunately. Didn't have the money at time. As I didn't even know she was gravid. They in polystyrene box, Heat wire at top, sitting on 84.7 humidity is around 90%

@Gregcranston, How long would I leave her in that for, Would Moist sand be ok? :) Thanks
(BTW she is a pygmy)

Oh, she's a pygmy, that makes it a bit of a different then. I have no idea how many eggs they normally lay, but I'm thinking that is still pretty small. Yeah moist sand would work. Perfect temp IMO, 84.7F (29C)

Ok cool :) The first couple of day I couldnt see anything in eggs but now looking good :D Excited.

use the heat cord around the bottom then you can put a blow of water. and are the eggs in a container of their own ?

Yeah normally takes a week for veins to come up in the eggs. I always have mine in a totally sealed container in the incubator, as it keeps the humidity way more constant, which seems to be far more essential than temp variability.

Yeah the contain is full with moist Vermiculite (Can make a ball with no extra water dripping off) all laid same as how they where laid. Humidity been 90+ in a sealed container.

yeah using the cord at the bottom allows the heat to pass around the container ad using a blow of water near the heat cord makes more humidity

I just put the female in a tub of moist sand. She is under a 50w heat light. not done anything yet :) How long should i leave her like this for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back