photo snatched from this forum??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black.Rabbit

Reaction score
There is a facebook group for reptiles for sale in NSW, I saw someone post enquiring who owned the snake featured in the profile picture for the page and the admin said that it is owned by someone from APS and they would imagine it was not for sale....

I know a lot of people don't like their photos being used without their permission so I thought I would post about it... not sure if it's a big deal or not.. not sure if permission was granted or not.

anyway, here is the picture being used...

283823_247243691960100_246835328667603_981700_2566094_n.jpg

If you're the owner of this photo and permission was not given for it to be used, and you would like to know the link to the facebook page PM me.

You post pictures you run the risk of theft, I had a well known reptile expo steal a picture of mine and use it on their facebook promo page, I emailed them several times about it and received no reply and continued to use my image, I bet if I emailed them on stall prices they would write straight back.

Sucks that people continue to steal pics. Most of the time I'm happy to donate pics anyway as long as I'm asked, but if somebody is making profit for using your pics, then send then an email regarding copyright infringement, and demand immediate removal of the pic, or ask them to pay the going price.

When it comes to the crunch and you tell somebody that you've sought legal advice, they'll usually bend, even if you are bluffing.

If you google green tree python hatchling you will get heaps of pictures, it's been said the group didn't own the picture nor have any idea who it was from and are not trying to commit fraud by seeking a snake that does not belong to them. If it concerns the owner of the pic it will be taken down, no fraud is being committed, and "stealing" is a term that shouldn't be thrown in as it usually only applies to copy right informations which no water mark present would render it void, if a child used it for a project would you still use the term theft?

search
[h=1]Reptiles and Other Animals For Free or Sale NSW[/h]on facebook. it now has a picture of another green tree python which i have confirmed has been aproved by danger_mouse. i hardly see the damage though as they are not gaining anything from the photo

As I said Kitten, the majority of the time I'm all too happy for people to use my pics if they'd just ask, and the only time I'd ask for money is if they'd want to use the pics for a website/business.

Like I said in my original post, I wasn't sure if it was a big deal or not or if the owner of the photo cared or not. I thought I'd put it out there either way. If it were my photo, I'd want to know about it but I probably wouldn't care.

You did the right thing Equinny! I'm sure the owner of the pic will be appreciative!

Lol yeah that's definitely my picture... I don't really mind it being used I'm kind of flattered haha... I did only take these pictures for fun...Hmm I would of liked to be informed though because I would've more then happily said yes lAnd no it is not for sale seeing as I only have 3 snakes ! Thanks a lot though for posting this.

Lol yeah that's definitely my picture... I don't really mind it being used I'm kind of flattered haha... I did only take these pictures for fun...Hmm I would of liked to be informed though because I would've more then happily said yes, but a bit weird now lolAnd no it is not for sale seeing as I only have 3 snakes lolThanks a lot though for posting this

no worries, I'd probably let them know that you're feeling a bit weird about it. It's one thing to take an image from google images, but its different to coming onto a forum to source an image of someone's GTP that they have posted... IMO anyway.

It's all good though I might just inbox the person on facebook, but I think whoever it is, is an aps member because I've definitely seen the gold coast expo photos that were posted on the Facebook page on aps maybe today or yesterdayYeah just checked and I'm pretty sure it's the user Danger_Mouse .... And just to re in force I don't mind them using the pic :)

Last edited:
I found something similar when searching google.
I typed in the common name of a snake and clicked images and one of the photos took me to a thread on here!
There are people using photos off google to sell snakes too. I searched a common name and clicked images and clicked a photo identical to the one in an ad i have seen and was taken to a US breeder page. I know for a fact that the snakes are here in Aus and under a NSW licence.
Maybe some sellers are becoming lazy or their animals don't look that hot!
At least the facebook page wasn't trying to make a sale by using the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back