heat mat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedohara

Reaction score
ok so i put my heat mat on 2day for the 1st time put it on about 9ish its a 7 watt heat mat n it still isnt hot wouldnt say it was even warm do they take a bt to get going??

You really should feel some warmth within a minute or two...

feel inside the enclosure? The mats don't feel that hot itself.

the click clack is a bit warm not that much tho will leave it on for the day n c how it goes

my reptileONE heat mat took a few hours to get going, new out of the packaging

Put a digital thermometer on the inside of your enclosure over where the heatmat sits. We are 37c so it may not feel like it's warm. If it's not doing the job you may need a larger wattage. Good luck

my reptileONE heat mat took a few hours to get going, new out of the packaging
I had the same thing happen with my reptileOne 7Watt, even now it struggles to keep the temp up on cold nights but still keeps it at an acceptable level.

I don't have any problem with mine it sits at 34 no worries, & it gets to about 15-20 here during the day...

I broke the glass on my jungle python's enclosure, so I've got her temporarily housed in a click clack with a 7 watt heat mat.
It took ages to heat up, but with a tile in the enclosure, it's up around 30-31 degrees.

Just give it a little while.. And consider a tile or something to help retain the heat.

I've noticed with click-clacks a few times that they can be cool for a couple of hours.. Then I'll check again the next morning, and they're nice and toasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back