Did i say something wrong.........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you call them then?

i personally dont 'call' them anything.......i dont label people just because they have a different point of view on filling in a form!

Yeah I agree, it was pretty funny, as someone said earlier you could add a heap too it too... but we won't here :D

Obviously you have the sense to see it how i seen it. Although you fill your form in correctly as do i, i was still able to have a laugh at a joke! & believe it or not, all while having a real job too! ;)

For the people who are delivering them, do you have to actually hand it to a person? I have a big um, lets call it a 'go away' gate, and so got a card in my mail box asking me to call some chick. I don't check my mail on saturday and when I did find the card, snails had eaten part of the number lmao. Oh, and they better have Pagan in the religion section, if it is just the Patriarchal religions I will be pissed!

Jen, they do have to hand it to you in person, & then also arrange a time to come back & collect it........so yeah that probably was a 'calling card' that the snails got too.......i have the same problem in my letterbox! As for pagan as a religion, there is an other box you can use.......just dont write Jedi! ;):lol:

Nope, I refuse to tick 'other'. Stuff them. Paganism is one of the fastest growing religions in Australia, and the best they can do is 'other'? There is all this concern about the decline of religion, but I guess they mean Christianity when they say that....

Also, what do they do for FIFO people? How do they get a form if they are at work at this time?

catholic, anglican, uniting church, presbyterian, buddhism, orthodox, islam, baptist, lutheran & other.......these are the options given. As for people who are not home to take the form......i dont know what they do, just keep coming back i guess? They were lucky to have only just caught me home, i was half way out the door when they came.

It is a shame that people do not take the census seriously. The information they obtain from it is used in so many different ways by so many different bodies. It provides critical information for future planning and development. That includes upgrading of existing infrastructure if population figures indicate it is required. It includes planning for provision of schools and churches and parks and other recreational facilities, apart from your shopping and transport systems. It used for water management and sewerage and drainage to determine likely demand and utilisation etc etc etc

So while the answer given is very clever and very funny, I for one would be aghast if it was actually put down on a census form. Refuse to do if you have a genuine objection but don’t complain in the future about inadequate government planning or that some statistic quoted on the Australian population sounds like a load of BS to you.

Blue

PS. Went to hang out the washing between showers and much of this post is now redundant. Apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the funny side of it lolol its was funny .. i was also sent an email that suggested if u dont put christianity in as the religion instead of not marking it at all,then there are a lot of muslims who are putting their religion in and we will end up with mosques going up everywhere as that is the only religiion that has been nominated on the cencus nite

funny for bigots i guess, as to the above post about mosques, well...

Again with the names! Just because i had a laugh at something doesnt make me a bigot, & i actually find it quite rude you think you are justified to be so judgemental! Would you people calm the hell down.......i re-posted this 'joke' as a way for some to have a laugh, if you dont like it & dont find it funny thats ur right but come on with the name calling towards those of us that did!

Census forms should be filled in accurately to help the government mismanage your taxes. Save the comical responses for the next election paperwork.

Bel711 That's absolutely funny regardless to what the more serious people on this site may think.

Guess i must be a bigot, oh-well.

Bel711 That's absolutely funny regardless to what the more serious people on this site may think.

Guess i must be a bigot, oh-well.

Well im glad you seen it how i did......funny! Not what i will put on my form :lol: but yeah, funny all the same!

Bel I thought it was funny as, don't worry about what the others have to say, if they can't see it for what it is well that's their problem.

Jackrabbit,

I agree with your sentiments but vehemently disapprove of you calling other users idiots. Check Site Rule No.1. Attack the information posted, NOT the poster and APS will be a better place.

It is a shame that people do not take the census seriously. The information they obtain from it is used in so many different ways by so many different bodies. It provides critical information for future planning and development. That includes upgrading of existing infrastructure if population figures indicate it is required. It includes planning for provision of schools and churches and parks and other recreational facilities, apart from your shopping and transport systems. It used for water management and sewerage and drainage to determine likely demand and utilisation etc etc etc

So while the answer given is very clever and very funny, I for one would be aghast if it was actually put down on a census form. Refuse to do if you have a genuine objection but don’t complain in the future about inadequate government planning or that some statistic quoted on the Australian population sounds like a load of BS to you.

Blue

PS. Went to hang out the washing between showers and much of this post is now redundant. Apologies.

hmmm... point taken about the name calling. Had I been the first to post I would not have called Bel711 an idiot. It was the number of people not taking this seriously enough that got me. I am sure no one took serious offense but considered me someone of humourless intents, which I am not.

as to someone's comment about the restricted list of religions, they can't possibly list ALL religions as the form would no doubt be an additional 10 pages long. They probably merely list the most popular from the last census. so for those of you Jedi's out there get it registered as a religion and maybe it will be on the next form.

Good luck and Enjoy :p

Last edited:
[h=6]They sent my census form back 2 me! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "YES, 2 million illegal immigrants, 1 million crack heads, 1 million unemployable people, 1/2 million people in over 100 prisons, half of Afghanistan and 535 politicians in Canberra. Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer........ : /[/h]
I couldnt help it, i love the new 'post' circulating on facebook! :lol:

i personally dont 'call' them anything.......i dont label people just because they have a different point of view on filling in a form!

There's approximately 19.5 million people right there you've labeled.

I think the joke is the whole cenSUS form. Not just your answers, although it was funny.

If you have a job and pay taxes you do have a lot of dependants, unfortunatly.

What I noticed when I was completing the CenSUS form was that it is the same questions as last year with a few differences, but realistically what and who is going to benifit from this years cenSUS form, hospitals, schools???? they need to put some half decent/real questions in the form, seems like that they dont want the general public to have an opinion and they only want to learn your personal information, they are quite happy to know how much you earn, isnt that strange.

I completed the form on line took me all of 10 min, click this click that, done and at the end it asks if you want your information to be made public for the next 100 years....AH NO I DONT THINK SO.

[h=6]They sent my census form back 2 me! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "YES, 2 million illegal immigrants, 1 million crack heads, 1 million unemployable people, 1/2 million people in over 100 prisons, half of Afghanistan and 535 politicians in Canberra. Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer........ : /[/h]
I couldnt help it, i love the new 'post' circulating on facebook! :lol:

Wow, I thought this was hilarious! The funniest thing about it is it is more or less accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back