Did i say something wrong.........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These forms are invaluable for future generations, who look for their ancestors, the information gleaned from them would be so much help to your descendants, imagine how hard it can be by todays measures, and think about how much easier filling in these forms will be for them?

It also gives those able to provide them, the services we need in certain areas. I saw a piece the other day about filling in forms, and they said that even though not particularly religious, it's importsnt you put your religion down, to let the authorities know there are enough churches in our areas, so that other churches or mosques are shown to be not needed.

Fill in the form right, to let them know whats needed in your area!!!!!

How did you get your census number?

When it's delivered, tell them you are going to lodge it online, they will show you the numbers to use.
There are two, one on each side of the form.

Darn, so I do need to call this chick up :(

[h=6]They sent my census form back 2 me! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "YES, 2 million illegal immigrants, 1 million crack heads, 1 million unemployable people, 1/2 million people in over 100 prisons, half of Afghanistan and 535 politicians in Canberra. Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer........ : /[/h]
I couldnt help it, i love the new 'post' circulating on facebook! :lol:

we need the census to be answered sensibly....so that we can get all of those numbers quoted above exactly correct lol

There's approximately 19.5 million people right there you've labeled.

Oh my bad......i shouldnt have called the Afghans afghans, or the politicians politicians.......& of course people in jails......how did i get their 'name' so wrong? :rolleyes: Either I really must be a bigot, or you & i live in different worlds cause im pretty sure i got the 'names' right! Anyway, its no longer funny thanks to all you over serious people, it was funny yesterday before you had to add your negativity to what was a simple joke! Your 'real' jobs sure make you very 'serious'......im sure your boss appreciates it, & the government too, it must be nice for them to know that there are still people out there that believe that the point of census is to help the community! :lol:

[h=6]They sent my census form back 2 me! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "YES, 2 million illegal immigrants, 1 million crack heads, 1 million unemployable people, 1/2 million people in over 100 prisons, half of Afghanistan and 535 politicians in Canberra. Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer........ : /[/h]
I couldnt help it, i love the new 'post' circulating on facebook! :lol:

Hahaha thats the absolute freakin best answer i've ever heard lol..... :D

For the people who are delivering them, do you have to actually hand it to a person? I have a big um, lets call it a 'go away' gate, and so got a card in my mail box asking me to call some chick. I don't check my mail on saturday and when I did find the card, snails had eaten part of the number lmao. Oh, and they better have Pagan in the religion section, if it is just the Patriarchal religions I will be pissed!

No we don't have to deliver it in person. More often than not we'll leave it in the screen door, or under the doormat and leave the little yellow calling card in the letterbox saying that it's been delivered.

Realistically, if I was delivering yours...I would have jammed it in your fence or letterbox (even though we're told not to put it in letterboxes because people equate it as junk and it goes straight in the bin. The only real reason we have to talk to people is to gently persuade them to do it online...like everybody here should be :).

Last edited:
Hi Bradchip, what day are we supposed to be doing the census? I havent recieved it yet, and I dont have a letterbox.... Nothing found on the front verandah...

oh damn i was hoping i could be the savvy one and link to the ecensus
2011 Census - How Do I Participate?
but alas i was beaten to it.

many moons ago when i did a census at school i did the old Jedi religion thing lol

Last edited:
Whilst i was in the middle of reading this thread I got a knock at the door. Guess who it was???

Census people!! At least have an online option now.

No we don't have to deliver it in person. More often than not we'll leave it in the screen door, or under the doormat and leave the little yellow calling card in the letterbox saying that it's been delivered.

Realistically, if I was delivering yours...I would have jammed it in your fence or letterbox (even though we're told not to put it in letterboxes because people equate it as junk and it goes straight in the bin. The only real reason we have to talk to people is to gently persuade them to do it online...like everybody here should be :).

Cheers Bradchip, the chick is coming sometime today and i asked for the ecensus thing, so all good. I'm still pissed about the religion question tho ;)

Dipcdame;2012827
It also gives those able to provide them, the services we need in certain areas. I saw a piece the other day about filling in forms, and they said that even though not particularly religious, it's importsnt you put your religion down, to let the authorities know there are enough churches in our areas, so that other churches or mosques are shown to be not needed.

Fill in the form right, to let them know whats needed in your area!!!!!

From what I noticed when I put my religion down was it didnt ask if I actually went to church or not, so how would they know if we needed them in the area or not. Also how is it possible for my sons to have a religion if they are not old enough to decide what they want to belive in??? and my religion is completely different to their fathers and I my kids arn't christened/baptised and so on. So what should I have put down instead of other.
The census form does not even ask if we catch a bus or a train it just asked if I drove a car and how many cars I have, how is that going to help the community.

The whole form needs to be scrapped and some relevant questions need to be asked.

The whole form needs to be scrapped and some relevant questions need to be asked.

Agreed, most are irrelevant. Better yet throw some of the heavy questions in there, and use it as a sort of moral/opinion referendum as well as a counting measure. I don't think I need to name them but am sure we all no the questions we would like to put our hands up to have a vote for regardless of others opinions. And I'm sure more people would then fill them out correctly.

Not to mention that pollys would then see the opinions of there voters rather than trying to tell us what our opinions are

Last edited:
I'd like to be asked how I want my tax money spent - on roads and public transport, parks, foster care, etc, or on welfare for illegal immigrants, baby bonus', politicians pay rises, overseas aid etc.

Its a census to collect demographic data not opinions. The politicians will just ignore it as it suits them anyway even if everyone did put there opinions in it honestly.

Why isn't Agnostic an option in the "Religion" section?? grrrrrrrr

I think it's a very legitimate response (and logical, but I won't open a can of worms...)

I haven't got anything either, My mail box is tiny and I live in a high security apartment. Also, I don't think I have ever answered my door when I'm not expecting someone, I'm not home often either. Not sure how they're going to get the form/online card thingo to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back