AaE question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to freight some snakes to Toowoomba but Australian air Express tells me that they don't freight live animals there, even though they quoted me a price for the freight??!!
Any Toowoomba people around who can give me the right info as the guy I spoke to was very vague.
Thanks

they will freight to brisbane airport only mybe i dnt know, this is prob the case

I rang AaE yesterday afternoon to arrange freight to Roma from Brisbane.
I have to call back this morning, so that they can check that Roma will 'accept' live reptiles...

Not sure what the deal is, whether there is a personal thing on behalf of the people who man the Roma centre, or could the centre not be 'set up' for live reptiles :?

Guess I will find out later this morning...

It generally depends on whether the freight compartment of the plane is pressurized or not. So that means it can only be certain airlines that can take live freight, such as most Qantas and also some Rex flights. So Roma should be fine I think, but not Toowoomba.

It depends on the company that flys to the port, if it is anything else other than QANTAS then you have little chance of getting animals to that port, most craft do not run with pressurized hulls!

I believe Its just the fact that Toowoomba is closer.. We got onto AAE, Roma must have regular flights, as we had no problems getting a snake on an late afternoon flight.

Um no, like snakehandler and I said it's because Qantas doesn't fly out of Toowoomba, but they do fly out of Roma!

Yeah, because Toowomba is 100km's away from Brisbane, Roma is 600 km's. its not worth it.
And anyway, you weren't certain, you were making an assumption, snakehandler was right, but the distance would play a huge toll in it too.

Distance has no part in it at all, it all depends on where aircraft with pressurized hulls fly to and size it is mainly Qantas (some QLink and Aliance) flights that have such craft they must fly only with these. It's the same issue with any animal anywhere in Australia!

If you send any animal in a non-pressurized hull it will freeze to death, temperatures drop well below zero degrees there for a long period of time, this has happened before and the animals have turned up frozen to death.....that is why they cannot do it, it has nothing to do with willingness to freight.....you can jump up and down and scream all you like but at the end of the day, no pressurized hull, no animal transport....ANY ANIMAL, not just reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back