New Season Jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fessy4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey
Just wondering if anyone has any B&Y Jungle pythons on the way for the new season. Pretty keen to buy a "just outa the shell" jungle as soon as possible :)
Also is it to my understanding that the new season is dec/jan?
Thanks in advance

Joe

One of who's rules exactly?

In NSW you have to keep any reptile purchased for a minimum of 6 months. If you breed reptiles you can sell them as soon as you want, but best that they become established first.

Hey
Just wondering if anyone has any B&Y Jungle pythons on the way for the new season. Pretty keen to buy a "just outa the shell" jungle as soon as possible :)
Also is it to my understanding that the new season is dec/jan?
Thanks in advance

Joe

Just wondering where in this post it says anything about wanting to sell it. Within six months or otherwise... :?

In Vic you can sell hatchies straight from the egg and also has the 6 month rule if purchasing a reptile which I think is fairly reasonable as it stops people from buying and selling reptiles like used cars just to make a little profit.Dan

Yeha im pretty sure QLD has the when you buy it, you keep it for 6 months rule, but im not selling, i want to buy, and i dont think those rules really apply to breeders.
but anyway the point is, anybody got some on the way?

Would this be your first snake? If so, I'd recommend waiting till it's at least had it's first feed and shed.

As a first snake you are much better waiting until it has shed and fed a few times
Any abnormalities show up fairly quickly but because a reptiles metabolism is so slow that may be a few months
They are not like a cat or dog where everything can be seen within a few days of birth
In every clutch there may be one or two that will never feed by themselves for several months
Force feeding is not a great introduction to keeping reptiles

I am not saying any of this to discourage from buying a snake
But as a first snake much safer to buy one a few months old with all its history recorded and known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back