diy meterials

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel408

Reaction score
hey guys, i have been looking for a place to buy perspex and light fitings for screw in lights. i have lloked in bunning with no luck and was told they dont sell the screw in light fittings. any help would be apreciated guys. really need this stuff for a diy project.

ive noticed most online reptile suppliers have them, thats where i look when im due for more,...

the screw in light fittings you will find from a dedicated electrical outlet, or from a reptile supply outlet, either retail or online, just make sure you get the ceramic one, the plastic ones are not designed to cope with a 100w + globe for 8hours.
the perspex should be able to be ordered in from bunnings, as at the front counter, i've never bought it I always use glass, but i know lots of people do like perspex.

you can buy the ES ceramic light fittings on ebay ....

one thing to remember about perspex is if you're trying to use it for large sliding doors it tends to have a lot of flex to it allows for pushing out between doors

Would outdoor flood light fittings suit your needs?
They have them at Bunnings.

flood light fittings would be ok if the enclosure is a decent size,

What size is the enclosure Daniel ??

its about 170cm high and about 50 cm wide and 50cm depth. would they be able to be used with heat lights?

You could put one on the roof, but i wouldnt go too high with the wattage, if basking spots were put in the right place, and thermostat probes appropriately located it could work.

fair enough will keep that in mind if the ceremic light fittings dont end up coming through. anyone handy with prices of glass by any chance?

yer was wondering how much it would cost for something 150cm and 70 across?

from what i've seen on other threads, the general theory is that you avoid the 'big boys' and find a place that is off the main street, and even try some aquarium builders,...

Fittings can be bought at electrical wholesalers. They are used for the bathroom heat lightings. I got 1 for about $5. My glass cost me $70 tuffened and polished edges.

I got the glass from Sydney glass which is situated in Bankstown. The size was I think 490mm x 800mm tuffened and polished and was $70. The same glass was quoted to me at another place for $175. Pays to shop around. I only got tuffened cause I have young kinds and it is safer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back