Full moon party

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-to-the-K

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just saw an ad on tv about crazy shenanigans in Thailand and they mentioned the full moon party and it upsets me because ive always wanted to go. I went to Phuket two years ago and missed the full moon party by 3 days. Has anybody been? If so please tell me it's not as amazing and crazy as I've built up in my head so I feel a little better about myself

While ive nevet experienced this...But in going to Japan, everything that was meant to be so fun and is so beautiful on tv...was quite displeasing in person...so just relate that too the moon party! :pPeople were absoloutly lovely as can be, and it was interesting...but not beautiful and quirky like its presented. Sorry about the horrid formating on this post...for some reason any time you press enter in a post, it dissapears when you post it on your phone these days.

It depends where you go... the craziness and media attention focuses towards Kho Pangan and Phuket but doesn't mention other places that are lower key, such as Railay.. There are not only full moon parties either, there are also new moon and quarter moon parties.

Wow that worked :) did you go to the country part of japan? I heard where the rice fields are is where you wanna be, spesh during winter

It depends where you go... the craziness and media attention focuses towards Kho Pangan and Phuket but doesn't mention other places that are lower key, such as Railay.. There are not only full moon parties either, there are also new moon and quarter moon parties.
Haha oh ok then. All I heard is you take a boat to an island for a massive party and drinking buckets of alcohol. Woohoo

Last edited:
Not right out on the country...but youre told mt fuji is only quick trip away from the city!...aftet sitting on a bus for four hours and it was still far in the distance; we gave up! Didnt seem too pretty where we ended up...but perhaps it was! My sister is obsessed with China and has heaps of country photos from there; it looks beautiful. Didnt seem the same in Japan though...but i was only there for 14 days and didnt get a chance to venture far from the city.

Ill upload a few photos of each tomorrow for comparison if youre interested...i understand if not as it is off topic to your post!

Last edited:
Nah go right ahead and post pics away :)You know what. Everyone just post up some pics of awesome holiday destinations. I went to New Zealand a couple years ago too. But I've lost them pictures off my computer and to get them that means talking to my ex :|

Best holiday destination I have ever been was to an island in Papua New Guinea. No holiday destination has ever compared.

Vegas, San Fran and New York were pretty awesome though.

Europe and America have never been on my list of places to go.. But vegas is deffo somewhere I must go! I would much rather see snow and/or avoid busy city life. Even just driving past Perth city does my head in

The full moon party is pretty unbelievable. There was a lot of crazy stuff going on when I went, but I was with my girlfriend and tried not to get too drunk as I didn't really trust the place and wanted to make sure she was ok, there are just so many people! I would recommend going if you get the chance, but I wouldn't be too upset if you missed out.

The full moon party is pretty unbelievable. There was a lot of crazy stuff going on when I went, but I was with my girlfriend and tried not to get too drunk as I didn't really trust the place and wanted to make sure she was ok, there are just so many people! I would recommend going if you get the chance, but I wouldn't be too upset if you missed out.

I didn't go to Koh Phangan for the full moon party for that reason, didn't trust the place, I wouldn't put myself in such a vulnerable position in a foreign country such as Thailand. I've heard too many horror stories from people I know over the years and being drugged and raped and so far away from home really isn't my kinda party.

be aware the full moon party is DANGEROUS

you dont get a glass of alcohol you get a frigging bucket, locals prey on the tourists, women are sometimes drugged and raped, everyone over indulges and end up drunk/raped/robbed/killed/alcoholic poisoned

ive seen several shows on this party and i would advise anyone NOT to go to it, best case scenerio is you wake up ok worse case scenerio you DONT wake up at all

remember the drug rules over there even a tiny little bit could and will land you in jail and if you cant 'pay compensation' you could serve a long sentence

oh and also your always guilty and its up to you to prove your innocent of ANYTHING, also the locals are always right even when they are wrong and 'paying compensation' is a national past time, also remember those lovely beautiful ladies you see may be lady boys and you could end up paying them hundreds of dollars for even looking at them 1 second too long

i know its a cheap place to visit but seriously look at going somewhere else, seen too many horror stories associated with bali and the people

I don't think drugs are worth the trouble they cause. Especially in a foreign country and also I would only ever go over with a group of people I fully trusted so nothing like ^^^^ that goes down. I'm not gunna lie.. The big booze buckets are a big influence :). I've been to Bali and Phuket before so I know all about the locals sneaky sneaky ways. Thanks for the posts, making me think twice

You all watch and believe to much TV.

Keep your whits about you (which you should in a foreign country at all times) and you will be perfectly safe.

People get raped, drugged and robbed in Australia on a daily basis so I guess we should be telling everyone to stay away and choose another holiday destination.....

You all watch and believe to much TV.

Keep your whits about you (which you should in a foreign country at all times) and you will be perfectly safe.

I agree, more or less. I think that the dangers of the full moon party are exaggerated, of all the people I know that have been to it none have experienced any trouble. This is not to say that the full moon party isn't dangerous, I mean after all they have a 20 foot flaming jump rope on the beach for all the drunk people and slides four stories high coming down on to the beach. However I do think that if you're careful and keep your wits about you that you can avoid most of the trouble people get themselves into. Sometimes it really is just luck of the draw, though.

Although you do see some messed up people there you can definitly stay safe yourself just by using common sense and being alert (which isnt a problem when your drinking buckets!! I swear they have suddys in them lol).

I have a friend who was bitten by a centipede on the beach and ended up in a Bangkok hospital for a week lol luckily the hospital is directly across from the embassy where her passport was being delivered due to a pickpocketing incident and it just so happened I was staying at the Banyan Tree which was just a couple of doors down.

All of the things that they are portraying as dangerous in the media are dangers you will find anywhere in Asia, its up to you if you would like to take that risk. I personally would reccommend it, for me the positives outweigh the negative.

Yeah I'm with you Nathan. I mean flaming skipping rope! 4 story water slide!!!! Once you've made the sale stop selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back