Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer you should be very proud :D did you build or buy the tank? and whats the background made of? (if you dont mind sharing) :p

Thanks mate. The Cabinet was made by a cabinet maker relatively cheaply. The background in the top section is a Universal Rock background I got for a steal from an aquarium that was shutting down. The wall in the bottom section is made from epoxy resin mixed with red desert sand. The lights are GU10 halogen globes for basking and fluorescent tubes for background light. The paint on the inside is dulux Tuscan Suede from Bunnings. It's textured so looks better with the fake rock background.

Last edited:
V.Scalaris,

zzz842.jpg

zzz932.jpg

cant let this thread die!
heres a few flavi pics
015.jpg003.jpg002.jpg

Last edited:
my v gilleni enjoying his newly set up enclosure

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 202
Thanks mate. The Cabinet was made by a cabinet maker relatively cheaply. The background in the top section is a Universal Rock background I got for a steal from an aquarium that was shutting down. The wall in the bottom section is made from epoxy resin mixed with red desert sand. The lights are GU10 halogen globes for basking and fluorescent tubes for background light. The paint on the inside is dulux Tuscan Suede from Bunnings. It's textured so looks better with the fake rock background.

What temp range do you get out of the GU10 globes??

Thanks Jordan, i cant wait till they are a bit bigger and start to get brighter.

The temps in the original setup were in the low 60s (see pic) I have since adjusted things and. The temps now sit between 65 & 70 deg which I believe is perfect for Accies. The ambient temps in the top section are around 28 deg. GU10 are by far the most efficient and cheapest bulbs I trailed. The advantage is that they provide a very hot basking spot without increasing the overall temps too much.

6e1462db-6ad4-fa7c.jpg

What temp range do you get out of the GU10 globes??

You can get the fitting and bulb from bunnings for $16. You can buy the bulbs for around $3 or less if you buy in bulk. I've seen them in packs if 20 at the supermarket.

ohhh cool
i have the bunnings fittings
i thought GU10 might have been some specific sort of bulb
man tomorrow is coming so slow cant wait to pick up my new accie

Update: Some days it just pays to open the incubator, after 235 days of nothing:
137057092.jpg

137057089.jpg

137057084.jpg

137057086.jpg

Latest posts

Back