Central Kimberley (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gus11

Reaction score
I recently spent some time with a friend in the central kimberley region of W.A. helping with her phd research on dingoes and feral cat interactions.
All in all an amazing trip, I'm limited for time so will have to skip on the narative but I thought people may appreciate the pictures :) we saw about 150 birds, 30 reptiles, 10 mammal and 10 amphibian species during this trip

Uperolia sp.
uperoleiasp_299.jpg

Southern boobook eating a litoria coplandi
Southernboobookeatingfrog_012.jpg

sandplains gecko
sandplainsgeckolucasiumstenodactylum_707.jpg

some habitat
roycreek23.jpg

olive python
olivepython_329.jpg

northern spiny tails
northernspinytailedgeckostrophurusciliaris_340.jpg

northern small eyed snakes
northernsmalleyedsnakecryptophis_306.jpg

northern longnecks
northernlongneckedturtle_065.jpg

knob tails, nephurus sheai
Nephurussheai_133.jpg

wotjulem frogs
Litoriawotjulemensis_304.jpg

litoria coplandi
Litoriacoplandi_906.jpg

kimberley rock monitors
Kimberleyrockmonitorvaranusglauteri_747.jpg

tracking in action
Leilatracking.jpg

green tree frogs
greentreefroglitoriacaerulea_779.jpg

gilberts dragon
gilbertsdragonamphibilorousgilberti_217.jpg

a gehyra sp.
gehyrapunctata_090.jpg

gehyra occidentalis
gehyraoccidentalis_899.jpg

gehya nana
gehyranana_618.jpg

crinia bilingua
Criniabilingua_884.jpg

childrens pythons
childrenspythonAnteresiachildreni_614.jpg

beaked geckoes
beakedgeckorhyncoeduraornatus_701.jpg

brachyurophis roperi
brachyurophisroperi_847.jpg

black palmed rock monitors
blackpalmedrockmonitorvaranusglebopalma_227.jpg

freshwater crocs
freshwatercrocodilecrocodylusjohnstonii_466.jpg

feral cat with GPS collar
Jacky_853.jpg

dingos
Dingo_491.jpg

Dingobullcarcass_315.jpg

dingo_608.jpg

gouldian finches
gouldianfinch_994.jpg

purple crowned fairywrens
purplecrownedfairywrenmale_682.jpg

red backed kingfishers
redbackedkingfisher_817.jpg

whistling kites
whistlingkite_261.jpg

hope you enjoyed
Gus

Wow, the pictures of the olive and the KRM are stunning.

Great pics! Nice variety of herps for a cat tracking trip.

That dingo looks pleased with dinner....

lovely photos but one suggestion

i absolutely positively appreciate the need to protect the photos you have taken however might be better if you put your watermark on the bottom of them or up along the side, some of those pictures were spoilt by being covered with your name and in a couple of them you coudnt see the image clearly due to the name covering them, its very distracting in such beautiful images

i absolutely positively appreciate the need to protect the photos you have taken however might be better if you put your watermark on the bottom of them or up along the side, some of those pictures were spoilt by being covered with your name and in a couple of them you coudnt see the image clearly due to the name covering them, its very distracting in such beautiful images

I think the only one with any negative effect is the croc photo. I personally put all of my watermarks centered.

Lovely shots. The whole purpose of a watermark would be defeated by moving to where ti could so easily be cropped out....

Very cool pics!, which is fairly obvious. I have to make a similar trip some day...

The watermarks are probably a bit much, but i was in a hurry so they were all just applied automatically, i'll make them a bit less obvious next time.
Edstar, the cats weighed in between 4.5-6kg, which was just muscle they were tough as, house cats are commonly seen to weigh in up to 12kg (mostly just fat), but they are not built like these wild ones. they were very impressive.
Sock puppet, the dingos on that property all looked good an healthy, though i think they very much appreciated the cows that were left for them. one carcass, not quite the size of the bull was completely removed, no skin, bone, horn anything within 1 week. that bull lasted about 2weeks.

Waruikazi, Feral pigs don't seem abundant over there. we didn't see any of tracks or traces of any the 5 weeks were were there. Apparently they aren't seen to often but people release them there for something to shoot. which is a bit sad

The watermarks are probably a bit much, but i was in a hurry so they were all just applied automatically, i'll make them a bit less obvious next time.
Edstar, the cats weighed in between 4.5-6kg, which was just muscle they were tough as, house cats are commonly seen to weigh in up to 12kg (mostly just fat), but they are not built like these wild ones. they were very impressive.
Sock puppet, the dingos on that property all looked good an healthy, though i think they very much appreciated the cows that were left for them. one carcass, not quite the size of the bull was completely removed, no skin, bone, horn anything within 1 week. that bull lasted about 2weeks.

dont get me wrong gus, as someone who has had at least one photo (that i know of) stolen and used to make very unflattering and horrible images of me) i do understand the importance of protecting your work from being stolen, and they really are stunning just a few of them with the animal centered where your eyes were drawn into the image you found it obscured by the watermark which was a shame

speaking of feral cats, try having one trapped by on leg in a rabbit trap down a rabbit hole and loosing it with trap still attached to its leg, man all i remember is it was big and black and nasty sounding, so glad it got away in the end, didnt fancy tackling that to get the trap back, oh before anyone has a go this was around 40 years ago when we trapped rabbits for supplement to our diets and to sell to the butchers in Adelaide who use to come up and buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back