Scrubby as a first snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing what pops out of ya herp room in the future Kris.

Ive got my hands full with Olives atm, they are big enough for me, lol.

me too mate!
lol thats the way....love olives! all the best for this season they can be tricky big things to breed, you got hets and albs going?
yeah i have my hands full with my scrubs as is too... pretty much just concentrating on them at this point in time. eating me out of house and home :p

i have sum 1 has a dorsal stripe its a male would love to find some nice girls for him i will get some pics up soon i think u will all like this one

do you mind shooting me a pm with a pic of him mate? sounds nice ;) i have a couple semi striped ones also

Yeah got my White boy, het girl and standard girls, although not putting them together yet.
Ive transfered them down to my fathers place as Im selling my house and making a sea change.
Once settled, I will get them going.
One of the Standard girls is 9 foot of pure aggression, lol.

sweet as mate! sounds good,gotta be a good feeling to hatch an alb..exciting times ahead! :)
hahah thats always a fun thing!! lol
once years ago i was on my own helping out Troy kuligowski with his olives,he had 2 huge suckers over 9feet long on the one cage...they decided to have a biff....i (back then all 40 something kg's of me ha ha) had to drag a 25kg ball of bloody,biting angry snakes to the bath room to soak them under water...god damned food response nut cases! haha olive bites hurt too..:p

Im looking forward to the challenge, but Im going into it knowing that more fail than have success.
Yeah, Adult Olive bites hurt, but Scrubby bites hurt more,
so that proves that your nuttier than me, lol.

ps, Troy, hows my BHP going :)

Thats sucha great pic smithy close up thats one for the APS calender for sure

As Kris and myself hijacked the thread for a bit,
I thought I better do my part and add some Scrubby pics.

1st- Is a pic I took of the placid boy at my friends shop.

2nd- Wild Scrubby feeding (dont know who took it but great pic).

3rd- Famous Scrubby v cat pic (dont know who took it but greater pic)

Attachments

• Pro pic Scrubby.jpg
    Pro pic Scrubby.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 114
  • munch Scrubby.jpg
    munch Scrubby.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 121
  • munch Scrubby Cat.jpg
    munch Scrubby Cat.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 164
I keep a lot of scrubs as most would know, they are a great snake to own and deserve a lot of respect they grow quick,have long teeth with an attitude to match and obviously get large. as said before, there's no cure for lack of oxygen :lol:
anyhow your questions been answered already ill add a few pics of some of mine ;)

cheers, smithy. View attachment 212382View attachment 212383View attachment 212384View attachment 212385View attachment 212386

p.s check out one of my last threads...its good for a laugh :) haha
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/amatures-shouldnt-scrub-pythons-warning-165762/

Wowwwwwww nice animal

IMG_0874.jpg
This is Fang my 18 month old scrubbie :) He has the most gentle nature i think because i hold him everyday and take him out places with me. I agree that some scrubbies are bastards but not my Fang hes the most lovely scrubbie ever!

Here's a few of my wild "aquired" adult. It was really quiet when it first came into care, but now tries to tag me if I annoy for some snakey reason?!

Captive bred young animal and his first adult rat.

Attachments

• scrubbie following shed 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    scrubbie following shed 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 78
  • scrubbie following shed 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    scrubbie following shed 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 77
  • scrubbie following shed 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    scrubbie following shed 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Small Scrubbie-1309 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    Small Scrubbie-1309 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest buying a snake that you can handle alot for a first snake, like a coastal or a jungle, ive just purchased a scrub and they are nothing like a normal carpet in terms of behavior and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back