Bull Arabs....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gold&black...

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I luv dogs and have had many a breeds.... But since the govt have finally lifted the ban on hunting wild bore, I intend on importing a few Bull Arabs... But B4 I do that, I want your opinion on the breed... Please do let me know.... Cheers G/B.....

BEST DOGS!! Their hunting ability speaks for itself. On the other side of things they are fantastic family pets. I have 2 Bull Arab X Mastiffs and they are just sensational. I know they are only half Bull Arab but Bull Arab's in general are great with kids, loyal family members, very intelligent and easy to train, don't have any negative health issues attributed/common to some pure breeds.

When we take them to the park or beach they always make friends, both human and other dogs. Kids just want to pat the big dogs and the parents (when seeing a big dog) are like "is it safe". Almost straight away they'll ask what breed and then you get the 'ohhh really' with a hint of caution because of the stereotype associated with some 'Bull' breeds. Within 2 minutes the parents can't believe how great they are with kids around or other dogs and want to take them home. It's like they're programmed kids friendly dogs. You can see their change in behavior when kids are around as they seem to be more cautious in what they do so as to not hurt the little person.

Here they are;
PICT3180.jpg

June20114.jpg

SargJune20113.jpg

Cheers,

Allan

Last edited:
i have a bull terrier X, he is so loyal and protective of me. i would never take him hunting but i know he would be good at it lol
Allan, your dogs are gorgeous! :)

Last edited:
surely there are a few breeders around instead of having to import them?

EDIT: then again no idea where are you importing to/from, so really i can't comment on that :|

View attachment 210206
Nova is Bull Arab x American Bulldog, 18months, 47k, her Mum was full Bull Arab. She's verrry gentle, easy going and I'm realy impressed with how smart she is. She's like one of those dogs that seems to have a human inside. If she barks at our staffy in the house (has only been twice) I put my finger to my mouth and tell her quietly shhh, then she does a tiny whisper bark. She went bounding up to a lady and kids at the beach the other day, stops next to them and walks around saying hi to them and their teeny weeny pup and then off again. The best dogs!!!! and keep you warm in Winter, has to be under the covers...also never realised a dog could be so affectionate.

Deb

CREATING THE BULL ARAB BREED | mikehodgens.com

Have this bookmarked, hope it works.

Last edited:
I have a Bull Arab x Bull Mastiff, he is great with people and ok with other dogs if i am not with him, if I am with him and there are big dogs around he is not so good. He gets really protective. He is also the most stubborn dog I have ever owned. Intensive training is about to start for him.
Here he is as a puppy not long after we got him.

Attachments

• 39698_1460624589183_1040475862_31358628_5813319_n.jpg
    39698_1460624589183_1040475862_31358628_5813319_n.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 270
Is that rat alive KJ?

I love the pic of the Bulls and the snake, lol.

My sister has one and 3 small children. Malibu is great with all of them and loves people. You've got to be more careful of her tail than her teeth, if it whacks you between the legs you'll know about it :p

My friend has a Bull Arab. Other than the fact its not the most attractive thing, its a great dog.

My friend has a Bull Arab. Other than the fact its not the most attractive thing, its a great dog.

I reckon most of the hunting/fighting breeds are great looking animals.

Does your friends dog look like the dogs in this thread? If so, I reckon they look excellent.

Is that rat alive KJ?

I love the pic of the Bulls and the snake, lol.

My sister has one and 3 small children. Malibu is great with all of them and loves people. You've got to be more careful of her tail than her teeth, if it whacks you between the legs you'll know about it :p
It was alive at the time the photo was taken, he died recently from myco complications

Yeah I agree. I like bull terriers because they look tough like any well muscled dog, but their eyes look funny :) Nice dogs, though :)

My family and myself are excited, we picking up a knew member of the family this Saturday, a Bull Mastiff X Bull Arab.
This is a picture of it when it was couple of weeks old.

View attachment 210359

HI all, the last I checked there were no replies and here's me all surprised.... To explain my self, I used to live in Australia and currently in India... There was a carpet ban on hunting in India and now the govt has permitted wild bore hunting cos they have become a pest. Since I did a bit of hunting with dogs in north queensland during my stay in AU, I think its much more fun than just shooting them, hence, wanting to import a few arabs... What I want to know is, there seems to be a lot of debate as to who owns a pure line bred arab. Since I no longer live in AU, its hard to do research and would like your input...

Choco those are lovely dogs...

Thanks heaps

g/b...

Sorry, got them confused with Bull Terriers. Bull Arabs are attractive, Bull Terriers not so much...

Bull Terriers are my favourite hahaha...only ended up with a Dalmatian coz no one was breeding them when I wanted a pup!
The Mini Bull terriers are a waste of time though!

How would you go about importing a dog? wouldn't they quarantine it for agesss?

Meet the adorable 3 month old Roxy

Attachments

• P1070338.jpg
    P1070338.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 62
  • P1080343.jpg
    P1080343.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 62
  • P1080345.jpg
    P1080345.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 65
  • P1080347.jpg
    P1080347.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P1080350.jpg
    P1080350.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • P1080351.jpg
    P1080351.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
From a veterinary point of view- vet clinics often see animals at their 'worst' as it is an unfamiliar scary place to them, and they don't have their beloved owner with them. However- Bull arabs are one of the breeds I LOVE in a vet clinic. they give me the impression of being 'bomb' proof, large but gentle and sweet natured dogs that are easy to please and will let you do just about anything with or to them. To be honest- they are one of my favourite breeds nowadays. Great looking dogs and I cannot fault their personalities on a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back