Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More copperhead releases..
this was taken a few months ago but i just recieved it last week.
[video=youtube;xsaDXyJ2Ytc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsaDXyJ2Ytc[/video]

Got called to help another relocator last Sunday. Spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to dig this snake out from a rock retaining wall without success. Went back the next afternoon and managed to catch it. Being a mere male I was unable to multitask and take photos of the capture :lol: but here are a few taken on release. I have a couple of minutes video as well but I am having trouble downloading from the video camera, I will post it when I sort it out. He wasn't in the best condition with a few skin worms and a couple of scars on his back but still active enough on a warm Queensland afternoon :D

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 144
It helps that the temperature outside was 12% and the concrete floor of the garage was considerably less.
The snake was actually using the warmth from my hand as a heat source.
On a hotter day i might have used a hook to begin with.

yeah i know the feeling baz mebs are cooling male still got a bit of fight but the feamle is just happy to sit there!!!

Got called to help another relocator last Sunday. Spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to dig this snake out from a rock retaining wall without success. Went back the next afternoon and managed to catch it. Being a mere male I was unable to multitask and take photos of the capture :lol: but here are a few taken on release. I have a couple of minutes video as well but I am having trouble downloading from the video camera, I will post it when I sort it out. He wasn't in the best condition with a few skin worms and a couple of scars on his back but still active enough on a warm Queensland afternoon :D

Finally managed to get the video off the camera and upload it.

[video=youtube;Mptd8g3T4qQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mptd8g3T4qQ[/video]

Good footage firepac, nice snake to.
Today i was called to Cranbourne to remove a large tigersnake from a
woodpile and i got some footage which ill put up here over the next day or so.
Amazing what a few warm winter days will do.
We have been getting calls about snakes and snake sightings every day this week

I got called out for a Red Bellie today but I was at work so I wasn't able to get to it. someone else ended up going for it.

Nice to have a few warm days in August to bring out a few of our scaly friends. :)

That's a cracker Tiger, Baz, nice get! Any more pics?

PS: I HATE woodpiles, especially large ones:)!!

So when i need a woodpile relocated Baz i put a tigersnake in it and call you?... That is 1 very nice tiger looks like mine and i hope mine turns out like that..

Another cat attack:(! Had this little Marshy since late last season and never thought it would make it, but now planning a release in the next few weeks:)!!

Attachments

• Marsh rehab 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    Marsh rehab 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Marsh rehab 021 [1600x1200].jpg
    Marsh rehab 021 [1600x1200].jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Marsh rehab 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    Marsh rehab 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Marsh rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    Marsh rehab 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 89
Well done Richard, Ive seen some pretty spectacular injuries that have healed over and the snake has gone on to live very fruitful lives...bloody cats....
I got a few pics and they show that this snake had lived and loved.
A few scars and assorted parasitic critters on him but otherwise in good nic for an old guy.
bit like me really..
Anyway, here are some of the pics taken on the day of the capture..

Attachments

• lll.jpg
    lll.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88
  • nnn.jpg
    nnn.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 92
  • hghg.jpg
    hghg.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.