You know it's not going to end well...but you do it anyway.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampstorso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ever had one of those times when...you know what you're doing probably isn't the BEST idea, but you continue to do so, only to soon cop the consequences you knew were coming?

Was just cutting carrots for a roast, and I did one on a funny angle, had a conscious thought I should just stop and re-position it...but had a typical "nahhh she'll be right, mate!" moment...and sliced fairly deeply into my finger instead!....hmmm...new and improved meat-eater friendly carrots anyone? ;)

Photo doesn't look too bad, this is when the bleeding has slowed! gone through a fair few tissues and bandaids...not a bad effort, if I do say so myself! It's a lot deeper than it looks, as I didn't think it was too bad until I cleared the blood and had a nice look! My old man is a nurse btw, so it's being taken care of!

IMAG0065-1.jpg

So, what silly things have you done, perhaps knowing it was a silly idea only to have common sense come and belt you clean in the face for it?!
I don't just mean silly drunken stories btw!

Last edited:
I was rock fishing with a mate when he hooked a good size Port Jackson shark. Given we were about two meters above water level it meant I had to climb down to drag the thing out the water. Just as I grabbed it by the tail a decent size wave came over both myself and said shark. Net result was me laying in a shallow rock pool with one aggrieved shark and a broken wrist, and it was a 2km hike back over rocks and cliffs to get back to the car, followed by a 40min drive to hospital. I knew I should have made him cut the bugger loose!

As I was reading I thought to myself that it's been ages since I did anything that came back to slap me in the face ........ Now let's see how long before that thought comes back and bites me in the butt! !

* mental note to self... Be super careful with the powertools in the shed over the weekend :)

Last edited:
Sneaking in to the beach when it was closed because the surf was so rough... "We'll be fine!". Ha ha ha... I still have the scars from that day :)

When I was about 12 I took the dog (lab x greyhound) for a walk in my rollerskates. We got to the hill just before my driveway and I briefly considered taking them off and carrying them the rest of the way, but skates are heavy....... so I just went for it.
It ended in tears when the dog started running and I left 60cm long skid marks on the road with the skin of my knees!

Deciding to use friends Mothers pushy even though it had no brakes, and going down the steepest hill in the city :shock:
nearly collecting a few cars along the way and ending up in the shrubbery in some random yard.... I wound up with
sticks and leaves spouting from every where... and quite a lot of my own bark off lol..........

Getting things out of the oven and not using oven mitts and getting a nasty burn.....can't remember how often that's happened over the years....................at my age you'd think I'd have learned !!!

Getting things out of the oven and not using oven mitts and getting a nasty burn.....can't remember how often that's happened over the years....................at my age you'd think I'd have learned !!!

I have so many burns on my arms from this..and not opening the door all the way and just sticking my arm against the top of the oven!

LOL at the shark story! Jackons are beautiful at least! ;)

sounds like everybody has put in a good effort with ignoring common sense! keeps life interesting, eh? ;)

Dropping a knife and grabbing it while falling, u realise while ur doing it that u shouldnt but u still do :\

Brand new gardening shears and thinking I should not be holding the towel this way to wipe them. Sliced through the towel and started on my palm. My Son was, "what's wrong Mum? You ok?" Nothing, nothing all ok...quick get me a clean towel :eek:)

something that never endds well, but i seem to keep doing over and over,..is hand feeding the beardies 'slippery' treats such as strawberry or banana, they get a small piece each week which i dunk in calcium as their supplement.

they know its slippery and need to overbite, so i watch them line it up with the intention of timing it well enough to keep my fingers in one piece, i did well with 6 of them yesterday, my big male missed the first time, so his second shot was a major overbite which left my finger bleeding for most of the morning,...no doubt it will happen all over again next week! :p

Was using a 4 inch grinder with a sanding pad on, cleaning up some welds on a computer bench my brother made up out of stuff lying around. The grinder kicked back and hit me on the chest, so lucky it wasn't a cutting disc. Got pulled over for no seatbelt 2 days later and drove away free as a bird when I showed the officer my chest.

Many , many years ago when my older brother was just a little bloke...he's 65 now...he and another brother were mowing our lawn with one of those old fashioned push along mowers....well...one pushed and the other one...picked up grass and fed it into the blades.....yep...you guessed it...he chopped the top of his thumb off. :)

Yeah! That's a good idea for a thread, there was this one time I was in a rush to finish some carpentry on a job and my thumb went into the electric planer, pretty well just after i thought to myself that i should just put the little bit of wood down and do it right instead of holding it the way i did.
But I was cutting firewood a couple of days ago and it seems ok to hold small bits of tree with the foot, because though I had my doubts, when the chainsaw bounced back and went into the bottom of my boot, I was covered. On;y just mentioned that to Mrs Cement and she said please keep wearing boots.... and maybe a groin guard!!

\ever flip a bike upside down when you were a kid and try and spin the wheel as fast as you possibly could with ya hands ? me and my brother were doing that and he somehow managed to get his finger caught in between the sprocket and the chain. i freaked out and did what any caring brother would do and grabbed his hand and pulled :D not such a great idea. "degloved" his finger from the knuckle down all the way to the bone. this happened down the park at the time and mum still managed to hear the screams lol. yeah but bit of plastic surgery and was all good

The only thing that I know isn't going to end well and do it anyway, is when you get that bit of loose skin on your finger nails.. and instead of cutting it off.. you decide to tear it... I know its going to end up with me with a bleeding finger and it being sore for a week.. but I still continue..

My mother used to tell me the story of a little boy and girl she knew....MANY years ago. They were just little kids and playing with an axe....the little girl put her hand down on the chopping block and dared the boy to cut her fingers off.....and so....HE DID !!! Don't know how many he cut off...but he did it !!

mines an embarrasing one lol. i was wearing long baggy trackies that were falling down but my hands were full and i had to go down the stairs... i KNEW i would fall but went downstairs anyway, i steped on my pant-leg, fell to my knees and slid all the way down the stairs on my shins, pants came off on the way down lol and i broke four toes..... boyfriends mate stood at the bottom of the stairs watching in shock :oops:

Ow. I've been reading these stories and wincing in sympathy.

I had a really stupid moment with a Stanley knife in Art and Craft class once. I positioned the knife where I wanted to begin the cut, pressed hard against the top of the blade with my forefinger - only to discover it was upside down and the business end of the knife had sliced very deeply into my finger thanks to the strength of the enthusiasm with which I'd begun to cut. It took a while to begin to bleed and then hurt; when it did, the intensity of both was impressive.

I remember thinking before I began the cut that I should've checked, but I didn't. Needless to say, I've never made that particular mistake again...

I used to be a bakers assistant, loved it.

So any way one morning just at work having a great time as you do (laughing listening to music & chatting)

Baker at the oven behind me pulls bread trays out of oven & puts them on the knock out bench just behind me, I had just been putting the icing on the cakes, heard the trays come out behind me so I have spun around (like normal) not thinking picked up the tray and went to knock the bread out on the bench so that they could be put in the rack, aaaahhhhhhh fffffffff**********************KKKKKKKKK was all I could manage droped the tins on the floor legged it to the sink. Forgot to use the mits didn't I, not thinking about what I was doing was I, mits right beside me I even looked at them just as I had put my hands on the tin.

250[SUP]0[/SUP] oven, big industrial oven, tins fresh out the bloody thing, don't touch them with your bare hands they are hot. Will never forget that day, had blisters for a weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back