What kind of Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikifar

Reaction score
Hey all

I just baught this carpet but iam not sure which kind he/she is, or even the age of it?
Hope maybe u guys/girls could help me out here :)
Nikifar

View attachment 212771

Last edited:
Im just curious to know where u 'bought' it from & why they didnt tell you how old it is or what kind of carpet it is? Attachment isnt working for me either, try 'go advanced' & re-attach it.

Last edited:
The attachment doesn't work. If you hadn't said carpet python I would have said keelback. It's always a keelback when someone wants an id. What does it look like. Size, colour and pattern.

cant see pic, soz but why would you "buy" a python when you don't know what type it is, all need different care and heat and without knowing what it is how can you give it what it needs.

okay okay, i see the picture. It all sounds wrong. Iam not used to write in english, so kind of hard for me to explain. Just thaught that i could get a better gues from the people who live with the snake. If u know what i mean.

I used to have 2 cornsnakes, so i know a little of snakes. I swapped my cornsnakes and a little work favor, for the Carpet.
So thats how i got it!!!
The shop i got the Carpet from didnt have the info on the snake, but i think it is a Jaguar but iam not sure.

Hmm ill try the pic once more it have to work.

View attachment 212775

cant figure out the pic. attach thing. i works fine on my machine.

Attachments

• morelia spilota.jpg
    morelia spilota.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 207
  • TP 001.jpg
    TP 001.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
yeah looks like a mixed jungle/coastal jag. would say any more than 50% jungle in my opinion.

It looks nice.

I take it you're not located in Australia :)

lol I love the nazis who jump all over the OP assuming they are a poacher before even seeing a pic.
To Nikifar there probably won't be that many people who can help you identify it any better than S&M. Although carpets are local to Australia we don't find many jags in the wild ;)

Nikifar is that a pot plant you have the light mounted in?

Haha what? I'm from BC Canada and I sure as heck didn't spot a pot plant, and I've got a KEEN eye (and nose) for the ganja. ;)

BTW: Niki, welcome and that's a beautiful snake, but sorry I can't help with ID, I'm an aussie python newb too.

I hope the plant pot has a guard under it, and that enclosure seems mighty small for that python, and no climbing space, it really should have more things to climb and hide. But that's just my opinion. Beautiful snake

Well I think we can all agree that it's a Jag, but of what originating type is going to be hard to say. I would be guessing Coastal+Jungle mix due to the bright yellow colouration. Beautiful snake either way.

Stunning Python. Absolutely gorgeous. From the photo's I've seen of Jags, it does look like a Coastal x Jungle (Jags are a python morph due to selective breeding based on breed, colour and pattern (basically)

I agree, it needs more space, with somewhere to hide and climb. It will be more relaxed and calm if it has a more natural environment.

The markings are very normal for an Iryan Jaya Jag [short for Jaguar Carpet Python]
Probably with a bit of Jungle tossed in
Need a good photo of the head to say how much Jungle

Track down another guy from up your way called Jan Engels
He will positively ID it for you

Australia has very few Jags yet as they were only smuggled in here a few years ago
So not too much knowledge is available here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back