The uncommon big species!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned_fisch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Stoked to show off my new additions, got these guys yesterday afternoon.
Their so different to any other species. Long strike range, so alert and aware of everything.. Quite intimidating, especially when they stare you in the eyes, and no matter how you move them, they will stay focused on you. So unpredictable, it's great :)

Got a male and a female, so I'm so happy to be able to breed these guys one day. Their around 10months I believe, and I'd say about 90cm.

Their bitey, but handle okay if you don't make sudden movements or anything. Maybe they will get better, I hope.. haha.

Here's some photos guys, enjoy! :)

724decc8-efd9-9605.jpg

724decc8-efea-7d26.jpg

Nice one mate. By far my favourite australian python. Try and handle them as much as possible when theyre small to quieten them down a bit. i had a 14ft female that was psychotic and a bit of a handfull. I also got tagged by my big male and ended up with 14 stitches in my hand. It hurt like hell.

Jeeze, that'd pack a punch! 14 stitches.. ouch!

I'm prepared for them to get big, already sorting out how I will keep them, feed them and clean their cages. I'm gonna keep them outside when they are to a certain size.

Their beautiful, I'm lovin' it!
you've got a few don't you Joemal?

Umm.. Yes im a noob but what kind of snake is it?? lol

I like scrubbies, wanted one for a few years now but the missus keeps saying (insert whiney voice) 'no, they get too big'

Cheers,
Allan

very nice hatchies, they are deffinently a species that im going to be keeping in the future. i cant wait to get them

Definitely not for me i dont think. I like looking at them from a distance but thats about it :)

I had my girl out today .Never ceases to amaze me just how quick they grow .She's about 12ft now and it's a case of older and wiser .She's older and i'm wiser to her ways .She has an attitude and so long as you respect that you can't go wrong .Best snake round for someone that wants something a bit different to the run of the mill snakes

Yeah they are beautiful snakes alright I too am wanting one myself but everytime they come up for sale there in far north QLD and I do not have the time to pick up from air port. One day I will be lucky enough and some one from the Brissy area will have some for sale.
Good luck with your new babies may the blood run free.

Just 3 weeks ago a 15yr old girl was swallowed by a 5.2 metre retic in Sulawesi Utara

So although having a big snake can be fun
Also be aware that these are an apex predator and shouldnt be handled alone when they get much over 4 metres

Thanks for everyones interest and the advice given. I am learning their personality and will be handling them as much as possible to calm them down as much as possible.
I cant really can't wait to see how quick though grow, and how smart they become. At the moment they seem to be quite clumsy with their striking. But are still so alert.

Just 3 weeks ago a 15yr old girl was swallowed by a 5.2 metre retic in Sulawesi Utara

So although having a big snake can be fun
Also be aware that these are an apex predator and shouldnt be handled alone when they get much over 4 metres

Thank you for your concern, I am aware of what they can become. I hope that as i will get older with the snakes and get to know them as they grow also, and it will build my confidence and courage with the animal's.
I have my sisters boyfriend who can help me out for feeding, cleaning and handling when their older. And I also know a fair few well experienced keepers to help me out. And the breeder has offered support.

But that's very sad.. So unbelievable. 15yo girl, that's crazy.

Last edited:
At the moment they seem to be quite clumsy with their striking.

They're always clumsy, they never grow out of it but we are some times clumsy too, don't forget. 30 years ago I got "nipped" by a solid 16 footer and the sensation is still very vivid in my memory.

Gotta love the scrubs, Ive handled countless ones in relocations as well as my captive bred ones and Id rather handle giant wild ones then most captives Ive dealt with.

Imo most captives are heaps bittier then wild ones

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back