Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Quick question
I got a Juvi Diamond on the 18th January and it hadn't shed completely. I gave it baths and got it all off after about a week. It then shed again on the 4th February shed completely this time. It has now shed again 13th February. I know at this age they normally shed about every 4 to 6 weeks. What am wanting to know is this ok or should I be worried that it's shedding this often. It's eating a fuzzy mouse every 5 to 7 days

thats normal for that age, my yearling bhp shed every 4-5 weeks, they eat 2 weaner rats every week

buy shed aid that works a treat
I got the snake in the Jan DECCW reptile ballot 18/1/11. It had shed when they had it and didn't have enough humidity. That's why it hadn't shed properly. I was more concerned with the time frame between sheds. 9 days

In my limited experience if there is a problem with a shed they tend to shed again pretty quickly to get rid of the bad shed.Mine have done it and also Mine have done it when she had a bit scale rot on her belly.

It is not normal to shed that quickly , could be just from the previous bad shed as they can do it if they have a bad one or could possibly be mites , a burn or wound etc ...

How is the diamond going mate?
I had a hatchie diamond a few months ago which shed 4 times in a row straight after another. This one wasn't eating though and ended up having a liver infection.and didn't make it unfortunately.
Did yours pull through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back