What kind of Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the others mate, you have a jag and looks like there is an element of jungle. You definitely need to consider upgrading to a larger enclosure sometime soon and I would be careful with the terra cotta pot as I think it would get quite hot so I think you may find that it could burn your python if it happens to wrap itself around the pot, it might be worthwhile checking the heat of the pot regularly and remove it if it is a risk for burning the animal.

Beautiful looking animal, just a word of warning though Jags are known to develop neurological issues. This is not all Jags but some definitely do so it may be worthwhile having a read about that so if it does happen you know what you're dealing with.

Last edited:
Yeah a bigger cage is on its way. Its gonna be 180x60x60cm working on it as we "speak". The "special" pot has got a energi saving bulp in it, so it is not a warm bulp. My heat source is a heat mat with 4mm acrylic on each sides, so that the heat wont hurt the snake. And its placed in the corner of the cage. Its a very nice snake i think, i had it out of its cage for the first time today, was a little nervous in the start but it went great.

Attachments

• TP feeding 023.jpg
    TP feeding 023.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 33
  • TP 015.jpg
    TP 015.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 47
  • TP 004.jpg
    TP 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
Iryan Jaya with a bit of Jungle thrown in the mix
Nice little Jag