Hey all

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZedAck

Reaction score
Hey all im new to this web site and also owning reptiles, i purchased my first snake yesterday, a 6 foot jungle python, probably not the wisest choice i know lol. I have uploaded a couple of pics of him let me know what u's think, also any tips u guys are able to give me on handling, feeding, habitat ect would be great cheers Zac

Attachments

• 06082011250.jpg
    06082011250.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 76
  • 06082011251.jpg
    06082011251.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 65
Talk about jumping in at the deep end :lol:

The best tips will/should have come from the seller with regards to feeding etc?

Research Jungles natural habitat and temps and replicate those.

Good luck with it :)

Hi Zac and welcome well not to many people start of with a adult jungle good looking snake and habitat if you search google there are jungle care sheets or search this site you will find helpful information let us know if you need any help

hey :) congrats on your snake, beautiful.

I only have 2 babies in click-clacks atm so cant really give you any advice, but maybe post a pic of your set up/enclosure and im sure the other guys will let you know what needs to be changed/added etc :)

Last edited:
ok thanks guys i found found a heap of info over google and saved it to my computer just reading through it slowly, how long would u guys let him settle in for b4 i thry handling him

People normally recommend 2 weeks for new arrivals.

Did you handle him before purchase? How was he? I wouldn't say you've jumped in at the deep end if he's ok to handle.

I bought a Jungle hatchy for my first (who will be my only) snake and I couldn't be happier. He can be flighty and "zoomy" (for lack of a better description - if I just go straight into his click clack (small tub enclosure) before he's had the time to adjust to me being there he can zoom away and out of the click clack if he gets a fright) but isn't snappy and if I had bought what I was "supposed to" I would have ended up with something I may have gotten bored with.

Instead, I have a gorgeous little python I'm super happy with, that demands my patience and respect :p

Dont' be afraid to ask questions, if you don't feel by researching that your question is answered 100%, just start a thread, giving all the info you can, then ask your question :)

Good luck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back