Stimmy local ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codysnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
002.jpg001.jpg012.jpg
Hey the person i baught them from doesn't know the local.
She is slightly lighter in person if that helps, looking for a male for her.
Thanks Cody

sorry about the blurry pics crappy iphone quality.

If the person who you purchased from doesnt know then the only thing your going to get on here is pure speculation at best!
Basicly your never going to get a locality!

there are alot of "locality" snakes going around which are essentially bitzas
you can get the locality snakes but care has to be taken when buying them to ensure that are infact "locality" specific animals

does anyone know roughly because i spent $300 on this little girl.
I want to get myself a nice male so wont loose to much money.

does anyone know roughly because i spent $300 on this little girl.
I want to get myself a nice male so wont loose to much money.
You cant tell by looking at pics as they vary too much.
If your worried about losing money then I wouldn't get into breeding lol

Last edited:
actually i can elaborate on junglepythons2 answer

its a mainland Australia locale,definantly not from tasmania :lol:

With a close up look at the head scalation it might be possible to rule out location rather than pin point it.
For example, even at that distanse in the pic I can rule out Tasmania

hehehe nice one Dave :)

I wouldn't worry about locale if you don't know then why guess? The only thing you can be certain on is that you have an "Antaresia stimsoni". Leave it at that....

Alright thanks anyways guys ill just find her a nice male haha!
Im not only breeding because of money but the challenge involved with getting the little guys to eat.
I know people who skin pinkie mice then feed them that its a lot of work involved but would feeding a baby like a foot or a leg work?
Cheers

Alright thanks anyways guys ill just find her a nice male haha!
Im not only breeding because of money but the challenge involved with getting the little guys to eat.
I know people who skin pinkie mice then feed them that its a lot of work involved but would feeding a baby like a foot or a leg work?
Cheers

You start with small pink mice, For the most part if you understand the snakes your breeding getting the hatchies feeding isnt that hard. There are a few that will try your patience but that all comes with it.

Last edited:
i feed mouse body parts to baby elapids,but with Antersia i have just waited till they have taken a mouse pinky when offered,just be patient and they do eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back